Best Victory Condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Disabling Lurk Mode)

For me, conquest is just an extension of domination. I mean, when you get large enough for domination vic to come into play, you KNOW that it´s only a matter of time before you would have conquered everyone else anyway. What is the fun then?

Domination is thus my favourite win method.

(Enabling Lurk Mode)
    I think, therefore I ponder.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
      Now I turn off cultural and time victories. I should turn off diplomatic (that win route has sucked in every game it's been in, not just civ4), but I like the +2 hammers from the AP too much.
      Again, where do you get the idea that the AP gives you +2 hammers?

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Religious buildings give you 2 extra hammers when sharing the AP's religion.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Where does it say this? I've seen it nowhere.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
            Where does it say this? I've seen it nowhere.

ACK!
            It may not (or it may) SAY it in the pedia, Tube ...
            but if you share that religion or investigate cities, it clearly DOES!

Comment

I've never had a Cultural Victory. I dont like Space Race- I usually dont allow it- becuase its boring. Once you get apollo program there is no point to the game but build parts of the spaceship- so any care for diplomacy or war is nonexistant.
              I've only had one Domination- and cuz I had the help of a three way Permanent Alliance.

I usually end up with Time or Diplomatic Victories. But at the same time, Time can be boring waiting for it to end.
              It is your concern when your neighbor's wall is on fire.

Comment

I leave all victory options on because certain AIs seem to shoot for cultural and timed victories even if they are turned off. I don't personally shoot for diplo or culture victories, but leave them for the AI. The time it takes for domination is barely tolerable on a large or huge map. The time for the conquest or timed victory is intolerable at epic or marathon speeds. To each there own. In the end, a victory is a victory. (I suffer lots of "losses" because I quit before the game ends.)
                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Eomer
                  I've never had a Cultural Victory. I dont like Space Race- I usually dont allow it- becuase its boring. Once you get apollo program there is no point to the game but build parts of the spaceship- so any care for diplomacy or war is nonexistant.
                  I've only had one Domination- and cuz I had the help of a three way Permanent Alliance.

I usually end up with Time or Diplomatic Victories. But at the same time, Time can be boring waiting for it to end.
                  You can't just sit and build space parts because
                  - military moves on massively at the same time, if you don't keep your army up to date you'll get whacked.
                  - you may not be in the lead technologically, you need to build an army to take out the top guy while you are building your own spaceship.
                  - after you've finished your spaceship, you can have a mad forty turn rush to build points as fast as possible.
                  www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Working...
                  X