No announcement yet.

Best Victory Condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get bored of the game looong before I have the patience to do a conquest or domination win.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Domination Vics can be pulled off pretty early at times.

Conquest and Space are the victories for me - but on higher levels or vs. human players - I'll take anything......

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Culture victory is only really interesting in MP ...

1. Space
        2. Conquest
        3. Domination
        4. Culture
        5. Diplomacy
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Somehow, I always end up with a dominiation victory (except once IIRC, where I really wanted to go for a spaceship one, as I had never done one before, not even with CivII )
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I remember once playing, in Warlords, a 4v4 game on future, where we won by space victory after 3 people died and the fourth was going to die the turn that we launched. I'm not sure what was sicker, Watergrogged or that...
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

In most games, by the time I reach the domination %s, the game has already been decided and it's down to tedious moves. But in a few games I've missed out the best fight because of it.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Since I play 11+ civs with a huge map, I rarely NEVER get a domination or conquest victory but I love the domination movie!
                My identity is of no consequence save for the epitath of your grave.

Comment

Surely the only way to win by conquest is to turn off domination victory? The only conquest win I've accomplished involved destroying conquered cities of the rival continent and just camping my armies there to ensure no new colonies were created. It was tedious and ludicrous and nowhere near as fun as having a global empire, which I sometimes experience by playing after winning.
                  Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

You raze most of the cities when you approach the domination limit. Easiest way is to tech to tanks on a huge map (cav work on a smaller one if the tech lead is big enough) and just crush everyone at the same time.
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Trigger them all the same turn. Ultimate victory!

Comment

Can you get a diplo victory with the AP as well as the UN?

Comment

Yes.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I like them all although I believe domination land requirements should be lower (I almost always end up building the UN and voting myuself to victory because it's faster than conquering Mansa Musa's few remaining cities).

I actually like Time victory best, but it seldom happens. It's just a way of keeping playing for as long as you can.

My preferred victories are those where you start with a challenge (like OCC). For instance my last game was a culture victory starting in, well, crappy terrain (one of my 3 legendary cities had 7 tundra tiles in its fat cross, plus one ice water) waged without ever declaring war.
                            Clash of Civilization team member
                            (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                            web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

It's quite easy to get conquest instead of domination... domination can be harder, in fact, because of the cost of owning all of those cities, if you don't go vassal.
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                                It's quite easy to get conquest instead of domination... domination can be harder, in fact, because of the cost of owning all of those cities, if you don't go vassal.
                                After Industrialization city costs mean zip nothin nilch. So conquer with tanks and bombers when your economy can handle it.
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Working...
                                X