No announcement yet.

Strategic advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've come across something very curious. A stack of workers was attacked by French choppers deep within my territory. It turned out the distance was perfectly viable from the nearest French city (which I thought wasn't), except that there aren't any French choppers present there. In fact, the whole of France doesn't have choppers and only Lyon is building one. Yet, when I save my game as a scenario and play as France, I start with 2 choppers in that city.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Maybe they were gifted. Also how do you know they have no choppers.

Comment

Well, to start with I have a fleet near the city so I can see what units are there (also have fighters doing recon over large swathes of France). Next I did was planting spies in all French cities, and then I stole French plans (which is supposed to show you all enemy units). The French simply don't have choppers. And to get choppers gifted, another AI should move them there, right?
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I launched a double-pronged tank assault (from Seoul and Wonsan) at the holy city of Pusan. Though previously a Korean city, it marked the first time I struck at a French city with ground forces. Supported by bombing runs I had few problems overruning the city's meagre defences. Subsequent counterattacks by French artillery were easily beaten back until Marine units reinforced the city's defence.

In the other news, my pathetic Aztec vassals amazed me by capturing a Korean city as well. Not sure if I mind, since I was thinking of razing it anyway.

I'm now considering my next move. There can be little doubt I have France by the nuts, with air superiority and my fleets guarding the French coast (see boats). War weariness is also minimal (thanks to the police state and the Mount Rushmore wonder) but I'm getting a little tired of the war and I'd like to consolidate my gains ASAP. I also don't want to destroy France since they make a good counterweight to the powerful Arabs.

Maybe I'll launch an attack at the northern cities of Inch'on and Chartres, to obtain silver mines and because I generally like cold cities as a Norseman. Razing Nam'po is something I'll certainly attempt.

Comment

Can you post a save of the gunship thing. Maybe someone can id what happened?

Comment

Opened another thread about it: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=176070

Comment

Anno 1970 I decided to declare peace in exchange for a sum of 1270 gold pieces to compensate for the emotional stress I had to endure. Next thing I did was vassalize the Koreans, who had broken free from France 2 years earlier. 2 vassals, how cool is that man?

As I had planned I ransacked the Korean town of Nampo and overran Inch'on. However, I couldn't be arsed to take Chartres as well. The war had gone on long enough and its time to rebuild devastated Korean lands. I was also getting a bit worried about all the soon-to-obsolote tanks and planes I was going to end up with.

Whereas there used to 4 more or less equally strong empires (Vikings, France, India and Arabia) leading the ranks, the Vikings are now clear top-dogs with the French knocked down to middle-rank status.

This is the biggest empire I've ever had in Civ4 actually. I may be finishing and winning a game for the first time as well.

Last edited by Colonâ„¢; April 3, 2008, 23:31.

Comment

I suppose I'm sort of late to the party, but great thread, and I love the captions on the pictures.
                  You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

Working...
                  X