Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I like ORG over FIN. Is something wrong with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Supr49er

Darius is pretty good to play as.
    I just beat my high inca score on emporer with darius, I actually FORGOT to build the forbiden palace in my sprawling empire until the industrial era and never fealt the effects of having that empire... and it was HUGE!

RAW commerce AND cheap civic upkeep and I kept 80%+ tech rates without ever building a second palace...

I won researching future tech 2 when my chief rival had just gained industrialism.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Originally posted by Blake

It's like Aggressive and going to war . You have to maximize the benefit of the trait. For organized, that means rapid expansion, at sword point if it can't be done peacefully.
      I still don’t quite agree that the Org + Vassalage is such a permanent position unless you are going for a domination win. However, aggressive expansion is almost always going to be the order of the day regardless of whether you are Org or not or what type of victory you are attempting. So there is often going to be a time when you will want to be running with these civics and then change to “more advanced” ones later which play better to the end-game tactics.

The reason that I remain unconvinced is that I still believe it is the timing of these changes that differs for the Org civ.

Comment

Originally posted by couerdelion ...aggressive expansion is almost always going to be the order of the day ....
        There's no "almost always" about it, at all. Depends on map size, map settings, neighbor strategy, and player strategy.

Wodan

Comment

Working...
        X