No announcement yet.

anyone else think state property too powerful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SP does allow you to run widespread, multi-continent empires with zero colony costs. Otherwise, you are stuck with freeing cities in colonies into states that become your vassals. Not as useful for domination wins.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I usually have problems getting the right GP for the good corps (unless I want to save them for thousands of years), so I plan to use SP and once in it's not worth the switch back out.
      Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

I've noticed with corps the two best choices are either running Sushi and Mining or Sushi/Cre. Constructions/Civ. Jewelers/AL.Inc. depending on how frequently you get GPs (although I tend to save a GP or two just for corps, I think building Sid's Sushi is the most useful thing a Great Merchant can do).

Standard ethanol isn't all that great unless you really, really need oil and Cereal Mills is just a poor man's Sid's Sushi.

Comment

Originally posted by Virulent
          I've noticed with corps the two best choices are either running Sushi and Mining or Sushi/Cre. Constructions/Civ. Jewelers/AL.Inc. depending on how frequently you get GPs (although I tend to save a GP or two just for corps, I think building Sid's Sushi is the most useful thing a Great Merchant can do).

Standard ethanol isn't all that great unless you really, really need oil and Cereal Mills is just a poor man's Sid's Sushi.
          But not when you're running State Property.
          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

I think it goes without saying that running a corp under state property is a bad idea
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Keeps other players from getting it.

Wodan

Comment

Free Market with Corps > State Property

Unless you are really starved for resources and if you are lacking resources by them time corps are available then you are probably not going to be in a position to win.

Comment

Originally posted by wodan11
                  Keeps other players from getting it.

Wodan
                  Running != founding
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Semantics.

Comment

Working...
                    X