News article explains why there aren't more women here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Female here

Civ has gotten in the way of ALOT of my past relationships. Luckily I am married to a man who loves RTS and doesn't bug me to much about my compulsive CIV playing.

I've been around awhile and don't post much.

Been playing Civ since Civ I first came out and before that spent all my time in 7-11's playing video games.. Geez, remember when 7-11's HAD video games!

Comment

Originally posted by awckie
      Female here

Civ has gotten in the way of ALOT of my past relationships. Luckily I am married to a man who loves RTS and doesn't bug me to much about my compulsive CIV playing.

I've been around awhile and don't post much.

Been playing Civ since Civ I first came out and before that spent all my time in 7-11's playing video games.. Geez,
      remember when 7-11's HAD video games!

Have you tried explaining to your husband that real time strategy isn't real strategy at all.
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

He wont change from Civ3TOT till he is ready to!!

We used to play Alien Crossfire Multiplayer alot, but he gave up on that when I always won! We even started play it Us against Them(AI) for a while, so we could level the playing field some.

I mentioned the other day that we could get another copy of BTS so we could play together - well I have a good head start on the game and regularly win on Prince level - so maybe that wasnt a good idea!

Oh Well at least we are in the same room playing the games!

Comment

Originally posted by awckie
          Female here

I don't understand My wife merely tolerates my Civ playing. I can't imagine how awesome it would be to have somebody who would actually play with me!
          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Vader

I don't understand My wife merely tolerates my Civ playing. I can't imagine how awesome it would be to have somebody who would actually play with me!
            It would be very cool My husband tells everyone how lucky he is

However, I bet your wife is great for other reasons
            In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Do you mean Civ2:Test of Time or Civ3 something (Conquests, usually)? I've never heard of Civ3:TOT (unless that's a mod??)
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

opps

He is playing Civ3 Play the World!! TOT must have been the last one he played!

I think we have all versions laying arround here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimandua

It would be very cool My husband tells everyone how lucky he is

However, I bet your wife is great for other reasons
                  Well she is

I was just surprised that too much gaming had been a problem for a woman's relationships with men, cause usually it's the other way around.
                  Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Vader

Well she is

I was just surprised that too much gaming had been a problem for a woman's relationships with men, cause usually it's the other way around.
                    You're not saying us "computer types" are obsessive/compulsive are you?
                    And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Civ3 PTW is very scary indeed
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus

Have you tried explaining to your husband that real time strategy isn't real strategy at all.
                        Hey, I'm just happy he enjoys games! No need to get into an RTS vs TBS debate with him

Actually, I enjoy myself some AofE and Empire Earth every once in awhile.

Comment

Working...
                        X