Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When time and tide set against you and all that is comly, fair, just lies in ruin...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeebusGreen
    I have a bad habit of starting again even when I'm not far behind or ahead. I like the start the best, and as long as I keep at it in one gaming session I'm happy.

Then once I save, quit and come back the next day... I want to start a new game
    I do this too. I also regenerate map until I get a capital I like, and I'll restart after I've scouted my surroundings if I don't find at least 2 really good city sites.
    You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

i do that, too - not returning to saved games. Now i wonder, why is it, that so many people do it ? I would have never done that in Civ1... is it the game ? did i change ? did we all change ? are people different now from 15 years ago ? Back then, i would have liked to take the map with me to bed, while i re-calorate after a long session. Maybe we need bad graphics (pure 2D-map instead of fancy 3D) in order to allow our phantasy to do the immersion trick.... that would be my guess at least...

Comment

I do less restarts when I first get into a game and all is new. Then as familiarity grows, and my expectations with it, the restarts increase.

Like dating as a young guy. I didn't think that.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

When playing a Philo leader, I'll restart until either Stone or Marble is nearby.

When playing a Fin leader, and if neither coastal nor near a river, I'll restart.

(Basically I want to be able to use my traights.)
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
          X