Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most expensive tech you've gotten with Liberalism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the most expensive tech you've gotten with Liberalism?

22,500 free beakers! I like it. Noble, no tech brokering, so I admit getting this far ahead wasn't difficult or impressive, but it WAS fun!

Hmm, should have moved one of the pop-up windows. Oh well, you can see it if you look close enough.
    Last edited by Seedle; April 29, 2008, 01:04.
    You've just proven signature advertising works!

I can't see the 1st. I take it that's the impressive one?
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

The first one is Scientific Method. I guess that the expensive one is Assembly Line.

I have done Communism on Noble a couple of times.
      Quendelie axan!

Comment

Except for one game Vanilla pre first patch, when I've gotten a free tech from Liberalism it's always been Astronemy.

Assembly Line is very impressive; I hearby promote you to Prince.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Astronomy seems to be my choice from memory, the extra trade revenue from oceans is always nice, how did you manage to tech a path into Assembly line and still beat the AI to lib ?
          A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

ChrisiusMaximus, I had an insane start (which can be found in my "2 fun starts" thread), no tech brokering on, and stone for the U of Sankore and Spiral Minaret, which are, IMO, the best wonders in the game on marathon huge pangaea maps. Assembly Line isn't actually that far up the tree, you just need to beeline it. Though I generaly don't get that far ahead that fast, my usual free liberalism tech is Democracy, Rifling, or Constitution, and Nationalism isn't unheard of.

Regardless, getting Assembly Line earlier than the AI, even if they have relative tech parity, isn't hard. They focus on Biology/ Communism/ MilitaryScience/ MilitaryTradition, and avoid Assembly Line usually. Factories + Pentagon + Infantry = victory. Don't bother with currasiers and cavalry, just beeline the infantry and own some civs. The fact that it is a Pangaea map is important, you can ignore Astronomy, the AI won't.

Assembly Line is about the same distance up the tree as communism I think, so Sir Og managed to outpace the AI as well as I did, though I think communism is cheaper, so I got more beakers

@Theben: Assembly Line is the one the thread is about. Not sure it's impressive, that's kind of one purpose of the thread, for people to compare where they are tech wise at this point of the game. Regardless of whether it is impressive or not, I think it is interesting.

Comment

Its certainly an impressive catch from libralism, even at Noble, I notice you did not have Mansa on your screenie, I often find he gets liberalism first.

Had he been in the game and wiped out ?
              A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

@Chrisius: No Musa at all this game. That is a very good point, that there is only one financial civilization left, another reason I got so far ahead. The one financial leader left, Pacal, was also the only one close to me in tech, and he beelined democracy for some odd reason, and didn't research liberalism as soon as he could have. Alot of things went very right in this game for me to pull this off, I doubt it will happen very often.

Reminds me of the game on Warlords where I was relatively isolated on one side of a pangaea, and Musa, Victoria, Wang Kon, and Ragnar were all on the other side and were the same religion. They got a tech lead on me. A significant tech lead.
                It didn't save them.

Comment

New Record: 29,250 beakers

Of course, this just shows how this is more about how slow the AI techs, and what techs it beelines, than about how fast the player techs. This pic is 200 turns later than the pic in the first post, so I was teching approximately the same rate in both games. It's just the AIs, for whatever reason, never researched Liberalism, even though they could.
                  Last edited by Seedle; May 12, 2008, 13:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Seedle
                    New Record: 29,250 beakers

Of course, this just shows how this is more about how slow the AI techs, and what techs it beelines, than about how fast the player techs. This pic is 200 turns later than the pic in the first post, so I was teching approximately the same rate in both games. It's just the AIs, for whatever reason, never researched Liberalism, even though they could.
                    What level was this?
                    The axeman cometh...

Comment

Noble, Marathon, Pangaea, No Tech Brokering, I'm Lincoln.

Comment

Lincoln, of China ? Where is the synergy in that combo ?

Comment

I've gotten Future Tech from Liberalism. But that was on settler I think

I guess it's easy if you go for an early conquest victory, but instead allow them 1 spare city in very bad territory, tradeblocked and starved.

Now doing that on deity would be a challenge!

Comment

Astronomy is the best I've ever been able to get.
                            "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

I'm hardly the first to get it as I prioritize heading for military tradition (west point) and democracy. And If I play against Asoka, he'll get it very, very early.

Comment

Working...
                              X