No announcement yet.

Goody Huts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, scouts do get better results, and I like starting with a scout; but after that point, I build warriors; they'll be useful against barbs later, while scouts really arent.

Comment

A warrior with the anti archer trait can be very useful. Then later if they're upgraded to axmen that same trait aids them in taking archer defended barb cities.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Oh yeah, absolutly. Also, I often give warriors I'm scouting with Woodsman 1 and Woodsman 2, so they can explore more quickly; and then, when barbarians become a problem, that woodsman warrior fortified in a hill forest just outside my borders is a great fogbuster and anti-barb sentary, and he'll end up with an advantage against barb archers who attack him there.

Comment

Barb axmen usually kill those guys of mine, eventually.

Comment

I wish that there were game setting options for huts that could increase or decrease their number in the game and increase or decrease their "generosity."

I also wish that there were more hut results, other than experience, money, map, city, gold, units, or tech.

A hut could create improvements in an area, or reveal or add new resources, could give you a spy, could show the location of 1 or more enemy cities (a la Alpha Centauri's ship wreckage), could give you a "great" person, or other things, these are just off the top of my head.

Comment

Could spread yellow fever or cholera...

Comment

Originally posted by egavactip
                wreckage), could give you a "great" person, or other things, these are just off the top of my head.
                Pop music from hut first and you can get free great artist .

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                  goody huts
                  Makes starting with Hunting and a scout pretty good.
                  And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Working...
                  X