Woodsman III - Do you use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodsman III - Do you use it?

Does anyone else use the woodsman 3 promotion?

I found that it is pretty good, 2 first strikes, +15% heal (same tile) %50 bonus in Forest/jungles. I have been using it extensively with Washington, since it comes cheaper, especially with a baracks and a settled general. It seems to work well to mix this promotion in stacks and stick to the woods to move in enemy territory since the defense is good and the healing always helps. You can also use it to get first strikes on melee units.

It also seems like the AI moves units through forests alot, so the bonus helps there.

Does anyone think it is overpowered since it only costs 3 promotions and has a general effect? It has to better than drill 4 since it costs less and then gets a bonus plus medic abilities.

You bet. A favorite use is to put it on a super medic unit.
    And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Only for early explorers. A Woodsman II/III warrior can move about almost as quickly as a regular scout. It also guards my borders against barbs, Wood III can attack those barbs in forest.

Later I'll upgrade it to an axeman and use it to guard against barbs and at chokepoints vs. the AI.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Supr49er
        You bet. A favorite use is to put it on a super medic unit.
        And here is the genius answer.
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I'm quite fond of Woody III Impi, myself.
          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I'd be more fond of Impis if they didn't require the metal hookup.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

That would be oh so broken. Everytime I get metal in my cap with impis I choke 3 players as it is. If I never had to hook up metal, well...there wouldn't be anything anyone could do.
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

If I can get a city which can produce level 3 units from the go, then I'll definitely create a Woodmen III unit and a Guerilla III unit for offensive and defensive stacks.

Comment

guerrilla is quite good. I was toying around with the celts and the dun isn't so ridicilously laughable after all. provided that there are hills anywhere near you. a few gallics with guerr 2 along with an archer with the same + vs melee, can really wreak havoc choke-wise. woodsman is better though.
                  Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

Originally posted by LzPrst
                    guerrilla is quite good. I was toying around with the celts and the dun isn't so ridicilously laughable after all. provided that there are hills anywhere near you. a few gallics with guerr 2 along with an archer with the same + vs melee, can really wreak havoc choke-wise. woodsman is better though.
                    That's why when I want to play a Highlands map...Celts are a strong choice if I want to play an aggressive game.

Comment

Working...
                    X