Which staff member is best at Civ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which staff member is best at Civ?

Has there ever been an all-staff MP game? I think there should be one.

BTW, I think Firaxis made a mistake on teh leadership rankings. "Dan Quayle" was supposed to be "Dan Quick"
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Hmmm... I think Snoopy and Rah are probably some of the best in MP when it comes to staff members.

I have no clue when it comes to SP.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm probably the best of those who play MP (regularly anyway), at SP it's either Cybershy, Locutus, or Solver of those that I'm familiar with (but the nature of SP is rather likely that someone would not be recognized easily).

We should have an all-site MP game
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I seriously doubt I'm in the top 5, possibly not even in the top 10. I have a very analytical mind so could probably get pretty decent if I really wanted to (and which is probably why people seem to assume I'm a better player than I am), but my biggest limitation is that I have very little time these days so I don't play nearly often enough to get really good. That, and I don't play to get better, I play to have fun: for the longest time I was content to play at Noble even though I can beat it with my hands tied behind my back. Moved on to Prince now but don't expect to go any higher -- I don't particularly see the fun in playing against a cheating AI, regardless of whether or not I can beat it (with a little practice I could probably beat Monarch fairly consistently but really don't know about Emperor or above).

I'm pretty sure Snoopy, Solver, CyberShy, Nugog and Rob Worham are all good players. Don't know about rah or Ming as they only play MP and I never do (but exactly because of that I would assume they're better than me). The only ones (of those who play Civ4) I'm pretty confident to say aren't very good players are Markos and Dan
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Rah definitely plays quite a bit of SP

Comment

We both play a lot of SP... whenever we can't play MP
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

We should play a staff PTBS game

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                I'm pretty sure Snoopy, Solver, CyberShy, Nugog and Rob Worham are all good players.
                Oh, I meant among teh real staff members.
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Play and post screenshots.
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I'll do a pitboss but I can't guarantee a turn each day.

Comment

I think if any of them started near AAHZ then they would get an immediate Archer-Rush...

erm... hey, what happened to my staff-buttons!

BTW my money is on KMAD, ive heard some good things about her Civ 4 PWNage skills...
                      Order of the Fly
                      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

All staff members should participate in the 3league advanced game to find out

I'm the only staff member who ever won it

Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

3League games aren't generally done in settings i'm used to playing... I'm definitely not that good at SP games, for whatever reason I find humans easier to beat than AIs. Very odd...

Aahz, as long as your archer rush comes after 1AD I think i'd be fine

Dale, we'd be glad to have you ... I need to convince Ming/Rah/Solver to join Solver in particular would be hard, as he never plays MP ...

Comment

I'd be happy to get destroyed by You and Rah... at least I could probably beat up Solver first before I got nailed
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                              Play and post screenshots.
                              Maybe post a running commentary/analysis.
                              And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Working...
                              X