No announcement yet.

Captured cities, burn and build new?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with Cold Pheonix. Keep 2 current cities. Build 2 more cities. Take the west X down 1 to SW and East X down 1 to SE. (West X can be tinkered with depending on whether fresh water from the river or a new ocean port is more critical.) The Khmer are especially prone to favor hills over directly on rivers because of their special building, which gives and extra food directly to the city.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Hmmm, good advice, especially as pertains to the western x. Thank you.
      You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

What level are we discussing? I am mostly playing on noble or prince. I have yet to raze a city I conquered, and I find losing cities to revolt very rare. I am to greedy to raze it. But perhaps it works differently on higher levels?

In the early game, a free extra city (from warrior or archer rush) could put you right into the top of the score list and never look back. And in the late game, rebuilding from scratch takes much longer than adding some buildings.

Another issue is the enemy capital, which quite often has some great generals. Razing those would be madness.
        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Actually the option to let a city you captured in combat culturally revolt back to the original owner is disabled by default. So unless you went into advanced settings and turned it on the worst that can happen to those cities is frequently going into revolt.
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
          X