No announcement yet.

Third Worlds Autosave Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much more important than source of the fruit is the time of year it's picked, % of ripeness, and speed of transportation.

Most people don't realize they pick the fruit green. It doesn't have time to fully mature and to achieve the sweetness of fresh-picked ripe fruit. In fact, it never achieves this.

So I don't care if you have the best fruit in the world, if it takes longer for it to be shipped from you to me, and thus they have to pick it earlier, that means its quality is degraded. Ultimately, I have to choose between fruit based on its taste & quality when I get it in my store.

Now, best of all is to travel to the country and try the fresh-picked ripe fruit. Of course, it would be effectively impossible to do this and "remember" from one country to the next. I guess the best you could do is have some picked, shipped overnight air direct to you, and eat them the next morning. But, anyway, this is not what happens in my grocery store. It's upwards of a week in transit, more in most cases.

Wodan

Comment

Clearly we need a 'mango' event for BtS.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

That would be fine, as long as it's not Mango from "Saturday Night Live" :shudder:

Wodan

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
          Bah. I've had mangos from South America. They're good, but pale compared to Phillippine...
          Basically, it goes:

Indian mangoes > SE Asian mangoes > New World mangoes

I've tried them all.

Within Indian mangoes, BTW, it goes

Langdas > Alphonsos (though most people prefer these) > Raspuris > All others
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
          X