Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Request.

I have 2 requests for the mod savvy folks

Would it be possible to add a couple features (for me cause I'm lazy) or are they perhaps already out there.

First thing should be simple. A persistant air patrol ability for air units. As it stands I need to activly do it each and every turn wich, frankly, I dont do, to keep an eye on possible invasion fleets in the oceans. I'd like to see another comand (dont delete the single turn comand) that told the air unit to patrol that same square every turn. Would make airships worth building.

Second is a bit more complicated. The AI's constantly demand items from me or face war. Yet I cannot do the same. In the first screen where you have " lets make an trade agreement" or "lets discuss something else" etcetera is it possible to add "do this or face my wrath" line wich gave the trade options (minus cities) with nothing redded out. such as "break agreements" for when a neighbor gives an enemy open borders but not you, and you want to give that ai the option to avoid a war it doesnt want etc. If you ask for too much, or the ai thinks your nothing then it can deny you wich causes an Imediate declaration of war, and either way gives a "-3 You threatened us with war!"

I'd love to se these additions possibly as a mod or patch...

Thanks in advance from someone too lazy to figure it all out himself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

I have often wished for the same things

Comment

The former there was a long thread about earlier; I'm not sure if Dale's mod includes this or not, but you might check with his mod that affects bombing and such in the Creation forum. (Or post this in the creation forum for that matter.) He affected other things with that mod but I'm not sure what. I don't think it would be particularly hard to do in Python, though.

The second is not in the game because it would be horrid for game balance... I imagine it's possible for someone at Blake's skill level with the AI to include this, but it's certainly not easy.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Is balance the issue (with demands), or is the sophistication of the AI? I'm no programmer and I'm certainly not slighting the civ AI programmers, but it seems to me that it's easier to program the AI to make the computer demand stuff and bar certain things from negotiation, than it is to be willing to negotiate during any communication with the player.

Comment

I agree with Ari. The AI is a bunch of programmed instructions. The AI, as such, is seldom "concerned" as to war or peace, unless some program tells it to be. So your request for a new request option would also require programming for the AI to respond. I suspect that option is not there because it would be very exploitable by the human player.
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

#2 is already in the game.
            Just place an item on the left hand, nothing on the right hand, and if relations are already poor, there's an option to demand it.
            (If relations are good, it's pharsed as "can you spare this" instead)
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Yeah, but often there are things that are redded out, so you can't choose them.
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                Yeah, but often there are things that are redded out, so you can't choose them.
                Yeah; those are things the AI won't give you no matter what, and if you slide your mouse over there, it tells you why. I guess that's just your diplmoat telling you to not even bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Yosho

Yeah; those are things the AI won't give you no matter what, and if you slide your mouse over there, it tells you why. I guess that's just your diplmoat telling you to not even bother.
                  Even if it means war? I think the AI should get a choice. I have declared war on a neighbor JUST because he had open borders with someone who was attacking me.... and it resulted in that neighbor giving me an awful lot of cities...
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Working...
                  X