Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuff I think I've heard from my guys...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My stepfather called my place in Oregon and my Swiss gf at the time told him I was "taking a douche". ...which means shower in Switzerland.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

yeah, lancer - US-exchange students always giggle about that one. (just in case this gets spread by someone - the correct spelling of the german word is "Dusche" its a noun as well as the verb for taking a shower)

Comment

Just one of those communication things. My wife is a Filipina and we've had wierd cultural miscommunications. Can't think of one now as these last years we're on the same page. The culture here is very different.

Anyway, just heard my guy say..."what is in doubt is dat I are a hoominoid"

Ok, I heard it, what is in doubt is if he said it...

Comment

"Nizzze Bazoombas"

Comment

I'm playing as the romans spreading Judaism and my missionary in the process of converting a heathen city said "Whose your baby" clear as a bell. Very distinct.

Comment

Did your missionary look like Teddy Savalas?
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Would that be Telly's brother?

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                  Maybe Teddy said "Who's your baby".
                  Telly said "Who loves ya baby?".
                  And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by Unimatrix11
                    yeah, lancer - US-exchange students always giggle about that one. (just in case this gets spread by someone - the correct spelling of the german word is "Dusche" its a noun as well as the verb for taking a shower)
                    Ah but was the Swiss girl from the french speaking part where the word is still douche

In fact, the Swiss in the German speaking part also have a habit of using the French word for some things in everyday speech. The ones that I can immediately think of is “velo” for bicycle or “trottoir” for pavement (sidewalk for those of you who can’t speak English)

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                      Uhmm, his evil twin.
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                      X