Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuff I think I've heard from my guys...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuff I think I've heard from my guys...

Just had a settler definately say "No problemo" when I built a city with him. I've also heard something that sounds like "If I get off this thing there aint no payday", but that might just be because I'm not working at the moment.

If you hear anything interesting post it here, might be fun.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

I've heard:

"Who you want me kill?"

"Gluktarr!"

"Don't you have a kingdom to run?"

"You want a piece of me, boy?"
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I sometimes get, "13% chance of winning? You have GOT to be kidding."

Comment

One time, i cannot rememer what game or what civ, but I swore I heard one of my early scouts saying...

"What the hell am I doing at the South Pole!?!"
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Way up north where the polar bears really ought to roam my warrior is right next to a pack of wolves, so I attack. Well I knock them out of the park with my big swingin clubs and that brings into view Mongols. My guy really should have said "Oh...were those your dogs?", in a perfect world. Then there could be a neg relations hit or something.

Comment

Are you guys playing warcraft or something?

Of course I dont think I've ever played an american civ, so they all speak in other languages...
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Try the Byzantines or the err, Holy Romans? The guys with the pikeman upgrade.

Comment

What?! What?!... I have no idea what you are all talking about. I must have seriously missed something.

Comment

You guys hear voices, right?

You can go into Main Menu > Options > Audio and tweek away.

Comment

I think its the incans, who i always understand saying "i hate you" instead of something like "ready for orders" when being selected. It´s very funny, when playing MP with my buddy in the same room, him playing the incans...

Comment

So, what kind of "medicines" do you suggest for hearing these "voices" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Unimatrix11
                        I think its the incans, who i always understand saying "i hate you" instead of something like "ready for orders" when being selected. It´s very funny, when playing MP with my buddy in the same room, him playing the incans...
                        That's funny. I thought it was just me hearing them say "I hate you".
                        And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

The tone in which they say it, too, man ! Its like very snappy - as if they were about to leave the room, slamming the door...- yet they keep saying it over and over again... seriously that alone is a strong trait for the incans, when you play MP in one room, since your opponents wont be able stop laughing and making comments like "yeah, we all know by now, agree and do understand why..." and cant focus on the game anymore...

Comment

I thought it sounded like "I need you". Which sounds a bit wussy.
                            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Hey, you don't need to think to have heard with the portuguese civ... They say now and then "Pronto, coração!". That hairy, strong warriors saying something like "I'm ready, honey!" (literally, "ready, heart!").
                              Well, anyway, the way the portuguese leader show off, how "delicate"...
                              Well, sounds like this at least here in Brasil... There are so many differences in the "portuguese portuguese" vs the "brasilian portuguese" language that it all gets really funny...

For instance:
                              "Bicha" in Brasil: homossexual guy;
                              "Bicha" in Portugal: a line of people;

"Durex" in Brasil: duct tape;
                              "Durex" In portugal: condom...

"Cacete" in Brasil: slang for the male human reproductive organ;
                              "Cacete" in Portugal: a loaf of bread;

Comment

Working...
                              X