No announcement yet.

What are the mechanics of Espionage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem! (I wonder if mouse hover shows the 8ep?)

Wodan

Comment

Not when I tried it.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hmm, I just tried it myself and it does indeed show the 8ep. Are you using Bhruic's?

Wodan

Comment

no he's not. thats what bruic fixed..

PS buero... beuroh.... beauroe.... yeh your right, its spelled whatsit
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Does the Great Wall give ESP points? I've noticed after building it, I usually can see what 1 or 2 of my previously encountered neighbors are researching.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Bureau
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Is there any solid, detailed documentation on the way BtS espionage works? There are some aspects that I just can't find any info on and it's getting aggravating.

I'm trying to get my head around the determining factor(s) on whether/when certain actions are available (as in on the list of actions, not 'when you've got the points'), ie: At what point can my spy influence a rival's culture? Is it based on reaching a certain ratio of their culture to mine? Distance from my border? Amount of time my spy is on station? Phase of the moon? All I know is that it's not an available action - until suddenly it is. Why can I take action X against City 1 but not City 2?

Closely related: What determines the cost to sabotage production aside from the usual spy time-on-station, Esp points, etc.? As a specific example: I'm building Versailles and discover a rival is doing the same and is further along than I. So I load up some spies and send them to the rival's city to interfere with his production. I've a 69% modifier, high ratio and a couple of thousand E-pts built up. A turn after the spies' arrival, I go to execute the sabotage and find that the E-pt cost is *5386*. HUH? I check the other cities and their costs for sabotage range from 50 to 800. So why is this act so much more expensive? Logically I can infer that it's because I'm trying to screw up a Wonder but where is it documented that doing so is so vastly more expensive? Or what the multiplier is for a Wonder vs a buliding?

All in all, I think Espionage is seriously under-utilized by humans in large part because it's documentation is so pathetic. I know that the AI's use of it has been a serious pain in the posterior!

Comment

Originally posted by MrAnon
                    All in all, I think Espionage is seriously under-utilized by humans in large part because it's documentation is so pathetic. I know that the AI's use of it has been a serious pain in the posterior!
                    Seconded.
                    The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Working...
                    X