Time is on your side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time is on your side

I noticed in the 'Lives of different leaders' thread that people really want to constrain what can be done in the game because its unrealistic as far as time. Time in this game is whatever you want it to be! If you want it to take hundreds of years to sail round the planet, no problem! A hundred years to build a marketplace, leaders that live forever or 500 years, no matter which. Civtime is like playdo, it can be a wonder or a turd, depending on the vision of the creator.

Imagine in the late game, the last 100 years or so...every turn there should be 3 scis discovered...but there's not.

So I think that there are two camps here, the realists who want the game to mimic reality and the creative who want reality to form the foundation of a playable game. The 'just the facts' people and those who want to escape the facts for a while.

Or maybe not.

How do you see Civtime?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

I just spent the last 200 years learning how to catch a fish.

Comment

IF you had the Jesus GReat Prophet you could've learned to fish instantly.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I haven't had the Jesus great prophet yet, have you?

Comment

Hah, can you imagine the outrage. "Just a great prophet? He's the son god, dammit!"

Of course, nothing compared to Mohammed...
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Well,I'm a Christain but I would not be outraged. Jesus was also a great prophet.

Comment

Yes, but are you a fundie? From the lack of froth in your post, I'd say not.
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Re: Time is on your side

Originally posted by Lancer

Imagine in the late game, the last 100 years or so...every turn there should be 3 scis discovered...but there's not.
                Actually that's not true, since civ technologies are very general in nature. Maybe a realistic rate would be one tech per 5 years.
                Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                  I haven't had the Jesus great prophet yet, have you?
                  Mohammed, Jesus and Buddha are all condisered prophets.

Maybe since they also found religions they aren't prophets in the game?
                  And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

*Considers being outraged that Jesus isn't a prophet in the game*

Nah.

Comment

By the way, I can't see this thread title without the Stones time is on my side popping into my head.
                      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Working...
                      X