The lay of the land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The lay of the land

Catherine, what a hottie. I wish she would strip. Actually for CiV I think the promo original special release should have something of this sort. Very funny in the diplo screen when she says something like "look, a leader I actually won't sleep with" The real Catherine had some sexual exploits but I don't know the details, do you?

Anyway, regarding the true lay of the land, I like to have a bit of future expansion room sealed off by my borders. Then I'll expand in the other direction up against the other civs and when the space competition is done then put cities in my private reserve. Even if the AI gets sailing and puts a city there it's usually close enough to my cap that it becomes mine in time.

Any other opening gambits you might advise?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

shut up

Comment

Now, now, don't. If you've rejoined the world of the living, you should obey the rules we mere mortals set.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

RIP FG
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
          Now, now, don't. If you've rejoined the world of the living, you should obey the rules we mere mortals set.
          Well stated Solver!

Comment

Lancer. aye. it is a used strategy. it will often work quite effectively. unless you're playing MP with an aggressive neighbour.
            Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

I don't recommend it in MP at all (unless you have tons of room anyhow). If I have two neighbors, and one builds a city close to me and far from his cap, and the other stays away, I know who i'm going after first... you can't trust someone like that to behave anyhow
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                We won't know if he's alive or dead until we open the box.
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Re: The lay of the land

Originally posted by Lancer
                  Catherine, what a hottie. I wish she would strip...
                  Furniture?
                  And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Working...
                  X