No announcement yet.

My stock standard early expansion tactic... crits plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure most of us could ride that far to the edge, and actually safely return. However, as long as you can keep from disbanding troops, you still have a chance.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

That's the point of not spending all your gold. You keep a gold buffer on hand.

You can refill the gold buffer by sacking cities.

It's not really daring, it's just the concept of saving, for lean times. Instead of spending all your gold on research.

Usually you'll find that your gold buffer gets bigger despite the negative income, sacking cities can be pretty profitable.

Because your empire is super-sized by virtue of running negative economy you can easily crush your neighbors, they don't really get a lot of say.

The only real concern is when Feudalism/Machinery comes along, which is quite a while for the larger maps where this kind of strategy tends to work. Often due to sack income and pointy-stick research you can actually be the tech leader (or close) despite having a redlined economy.

Comment

I realize this doesn't assist the conversation any, but "Pointy-stick research" made me chortle.

Me.

Comment

Working...
        X