No announcement yet.

Mobile Artillery graphic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My roomie back then had a 486/30 Mhz system that was screamingly fast for the time; that's what I played the original Civ on.
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

It's definitely a hardware, not a software problem. I guess I will try NIFviewer or something.

I can't bother getting the drive fixed now since I would have to drive at least an hour to drop it off to get it covered under warranty.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
        It's definitely a hardware, not a software problem. I guess I will try NIFviewer or something.

I can't bother getting the drive fixed now since I would have to drive at least an hour to drop it off to get it covered under warranty.
        And if you had ordered a new one from a webshop when you created this thread, you'd probably have it by now

Comment

Why would I buy a new one when the laptop is still under warranty?
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Unimatrix11
            A Pentium in order to play Civ I ?! I played it on my Commodore Amiga (with the 1MByte memory expansion) - and a friend of mine had another friend generate maps for him, so he could play on his XT (8086/8088) without having to wait for the world generation - of course he could have done that over night. BTW i find it so cool that the old map generation sequence is back, narrated by Mr. Spock, too. When i saw and heard it first again after like 12 years, i honestly shivered - kinda like when i saw the plate of narmer in the museum of egypt in cairo or the pyramids themselves...
            My XT was the faster model and ran the maps quite fine, started them I think in like 3 or 5 minutes. 4 MHZ and 1MB RAM FTW!
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
            X