No announcement yet.

350+ % inflation ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it seems huge, but if you're twice his size, and it's scaled by size, then it wouldn't be that surprising, in essence, that you have twice the inflation.

I believe it is intended as a balancing mechanic so that large empires, although they will still outrun a smaller nation that pays more of their income to tech rather easily, won't get so far ahead that the game is over before it even starts, so to speak.

I mean, if you have twice as many cities as he does, and your cities are all of about the same pop level, then at 30-40% tech you're still generating more tech than he is, assuming you've got a few cities focussed on getting gold, primarily.

Me.

Comment

I have made several attempts to understand inflation, but so far I have failed. Inflation seems independent from the size of my army (disband a large portion of the army and inflation still grows at the same rate). The worst case of inflation I got was with a small empire, not a large one, so even if the number of cities makes a difference it is not the only factor. Constant war for expansion does not seem to make inflation bigger. I have not been able to check for is the effect of prolonged defensive wars. Inflation may depend on the number of buildings you have in your cities. I need to experiment more, but lately haven't had much time.

Comment

I thought inflation was linked entirely to the number of turns? ie the later in the game the more the inflation.

Inflation %=(Game Turn-Offset) x Difficulty Factor
        Inflation cost=Other Costs x Inflation %
        found this on a certain other forum
        Last edited by Horace; October 2, 2007, 10:00.

Comment

What civics are you running? Also, what are your leader traits?
          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Working...
          X