BtS Patch 3.13 - out now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrologix

If it is confirmed, what stupid thing ! Are you sure you understand it correctly ? Why could not the winner team vote for himself ?
    Because that wouldn't be a 'diplomatic' victory
    It would be a domination victory.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Because that wouldn't be a 'diplomatic' victory
      It would be a domination victory.
      So what? Force the player to go through the moves in order to get the final screen? I'd rather push a 'You win' button at this stage than send armies of modern armors roll over cavalries. Indeed the UN was more or less a 'You win' button. I can always mod domination to be 51% of world population and 10% of territory but it doesn't work well early on or in duel games.
      Clash of Civilization team member
      (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
      web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Unless I missed it, there is no fix for the combat animation bug that was added with 3.03. Or was it just missed in these notes?

Comment

I think the idea here is that the UN isn't an 'I win' button anymore. Rather, you must be one power among many and actually have good relations with the other nations so that they'll vote for you. If you're committed to a diplomatic victory then you might reduce your voting power (by liberating cities, for example) so that such a scenario is possible.
          O'Neill: I'm telling you Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it.

Lose it. It means, Go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WACKO!

Comment

Exactly.
            Winning a diplomatic victory is something that should only happen if you're loved by other nations.
            Not because you've conquered half the world.

Comment

I'd rather push a 'You win' button at this stage than send armies of modern armors roll over cavalries.

If your enemies have cavalries when you already have armors you'd better start playing at higher levels or with more civs on a larger map.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                I'd rather push a 'You win' button at this stage than send armies of modern armors roll over cavalries.

If your enemies have cavalries when you already have armors you'd better start playing at higher levels or with more civs on a larger map.
                It not applies at multiplayer games. If you have nuked and/or conquered most of your foes, and you'll be clearly the winner, the UN vote can accelerate things whithout loss of time for the players.

IMO, keep fighting until the final domination victory is a non-sense. I agree that the ultimate goal of the real UN isn't voting for yourself, but in Civ4 it helped to prevent boring endgames.
                Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
                Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

I will add that the current solution doesn't prevent you from voting for yourself if you have a vassal: You give him cities just before the vote, and you still win.
                  If vassals count as a team, then you can't use your good diplomacy to accept vassal offers (which do happen when you play nice), so you get a diplomatic penalty for being nice, which would be silly.

I maintain that the UN, even as a 'you win' button, were useful. In fact, there should be a 'you win' button. Right now, there's just a 'You lose' button, which is resigning, you'll see a 'no victory' in the hall of fame. A score victory (not time) triggered by the player would just make it funnier for some of use to end the game without having to slosh through the end game.

start playing at higher levels
                  No. If I have more than half the pop of the world all by myself, I'm also very likely to have far more units. Even at armor vs armor, I'm going to win at this point, it's just the computer can't realise it yet, but going through the moves will be uselessly boring.
                  Clash of Civilization team member
                  (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                  web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Re: BtS Patch 3.13

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    Cristo Redentor allows 1 turn between civics changes, not zero turns.
                    Probably good for balance but it ends some handy strategies.

Comment

Originally posted by Aro

Well, I'm pretty sure that is not the last one... "Fixed AI crash". My bug is not AI-related... I think.
                      But the other two lines... It's possible!

Err... When you say Ari you mean Aro, right? Because there is an Ari... But he doesn't posted in this thread... yet.
                      I meant Typo...

Yes, I meant Aro.

And I was mostly poking fun at incomplete changelogs with the last one. Hehehe.

Me.

Comment

Maybe what we need is an "Auto Play" feature... i.e., turn your civ over to a computer and play out the remainder of the game.

Most such "Diplomacy" victories will turn into timed victories, but that's ok.

Wodan

Comment

There is such a thing, actually, in the python console
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by awckie
                            Although I didn't see it specifically stated I hope it fixes the issue with units that are set to Explore not automatically pausing to regain health.
                            That one's in the list. You probably just missed it because of the ton of stuff that's there. In the meantime, Solver's unofficial patch fixes it.

Comment

Holy crap. If this was a car, we'd have all been killed before it was fixed.

I knew there were a few problems but lordy what a mess it actually was!

VERY happy to see Great Work cancelling a revolt.
                              Happy-ish to see Spread Culture action being a specific increase. I hope it works well (ie: doesn't cost a rediculous fortune to do it!)

Solver - roughly/generally speaking, when this applies, would you say this covers all your unofficial fixes? Or should we re-apply yours as well?

Comment

Impressive. Most impressive.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X