BtS Patch 3.13 - out now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T2000
    ok, and I managed to make my own "minimod" of BtS 3.13, with two of the lost units: MarkV and Strike fighter. In addition: jungle chopping brings hammers, grocers and supermkts have food bonus and commerce change slider is 5% instead of 10.

T2000
    What do you mean "lost units"?
    "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

• Originally posted by tsubame

.......but it beats annoying CD-checks. .........

Agreed.

In fact, I bought the game from Steam because D2D doesn't deliver to my country…
      But I do like the steam system.
      RIAA sucks
      The Optimistas
      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

• Originally posted by Akaoz
        (313, isn't that Donald Duck's license plate?)
        Off topic, but correct (also here in Italy, where the cartoon character is called Paperino).
        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

• ...And here, where Paperino is called Pato Donald (as some of you must have noticed, "pato" means "duck" )
          RIAA sucks
          The Optimistas
          I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

• The bug with some automated workers not working if you've selected "dont chop forests" is not fixed.
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• If you have any bugs that are in 3.13, please head over to this thread and post them there
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Bugged to hell. The 'fix' for dormant AI stacks setting up camp in your lands for 1000 years hasn't done anything. Napoleon is idling in my forest right now. Solvers patch actually seemed to fix this months ago, but now the official 'patch' has overwritten it and borked it again

Also the AIs now seem to think they should get about 6 resources for every 1 of yours as a fair trade. But will then turn around and offer you a 1 to 1 trade a few turns later. Must be a bug as it makes no sense at all. This is all apparent from about half an hour playing. Firaxis testers really ARE retarded monkeys

Comment

• Also the AIs now seem to think they should get about 6 resources for every 1 of yours as a fair trade. But will then turn around and offer you a 1 to 1 trade a few turns later. Must be a bug as it makes no sense at all.

Nah, they are just trying to get a deal to their advantage before they try to get one that is only a fair deal. It makes PERFECT sense, if a little unsophisticated.

Unsophisticated: consistent behavior which becomes predictable by the player.

Comment

• the AI has definitely gotten smarter about trading resources, it wont just trade all its GPT for garbage. its also definitely smarter about capitulation. before, no matter how wide the gap in strength or technology, the AI would never capitulate to me unless they were down to their last city or two. In my last game, two sizeable empires capitulated to me after losing only their capital and one other city (though my strenght was 40% greater than each at the time). much more realistic.

Comment

• Firaxis testers really ARE retarded monkeys
                      You are right. Lets just go back to playing the game that you made. It's much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by vilemerchant
                        Also the AIs now seem to think they should get about 6 resources for every 1 of yours as a fair trade. But will then turn around and offer you a 1 to 1 trade a few turns later. Must be a bug as it makes no sense at all.
                        This sounds like they're being unfair on you, doesn't it? But it isn't.

The truth is that the AI doesn't need any of these resources. It's the 1 to 1 trade that it shouldn't be offering.

In 3.13, all the AIs want everything from the player! Just look at the resource tab of the foreign advisor.

Comment

• The D2D patch is out now ... and it's 439MB!!! Anyone have data on how big the Steam patch is? That's almost 4x the size of the retail patch...
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ingot

You are right. Lets just go back to playing the game that you made. It's much better.
                            The testers certainly didn't make BTS. They constantly miss the most obvious bugs, I doubt they were even actually conscious while testing it honestly.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                              The D2D patch is out now ... and it's 439MB!!! Anyone have data on how big the Steam patch is? That's almost 4x the size of the retail patch...
                              What the ****? How do you release a patch over a third the size of the original game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaybe
                                Also the AIs now seem to think they should get about 6 resources for every 1 of yours as a fair trade. But will then turn around and offer you a 1 to 1 trade a few turns later. Must be a bug as it makes no sense at all.

Nah, they are just trying to get a deal to their advantage before they try to get one that is only a fair deal. It makes PERFECT sense, if a little unsophisticated.

Unsophisticated: consistent behavior which becomes predictable by the player.
                                You would be right Jaybe if they had the slightest chance of having their offer accepted. I have played one game with the 3.13 patch and have had quite a lot of offers from the AI wanting 4 or 5 my resource for one of theirs; which when I refuse, a few turns later I am offered a 1 to 1 deal. So, since I know if I refuse I will be offered a 'fair deal' I see their first offer as silly, a waste of time and actually making a bit of a mockery of the trade system.

I think it must be a bug, as this surely couldnt be intended.

Comment

Working...
                                X