X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the wedding event last night.

1) Do nothing - no impact
    2) Send a small gift (10g) - +1 relations
    3) National holiday (87g) - +3 relations.

I had 83g at the time. Heh. But, seeing as I was massing my armies to invade my neighbor anyway, I chose option 1.

-Arrian

p.s. Standard size, normal speed, Prince level
    Last edited by Arrian; August 10, 2007, 09:12.
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrak
      the slavery thing is an absolute pain, what annoys me most is that I often switch 'just in case' I have to whip some emergency military units.

Last night I had 2 seperate slave revolts in my capital, despite the fact I hadn't whipped anything anywhere! If you ask me they should make the events kick in only when you've been using slavery, rather than just keeping it as an option. I know it reflects policy but surely there should be some sort of modifier regarding use.
      Well, if you're gonna have revolts anyway, you might as well be whipping so you get some benefits.
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
        I got the wedding event last night.

1) Do nothing - no impact
        2) Send a small gift (10g) - +1 relations
        3) National holiday (87g) - +3 relations.

I had 83g at the time. Heh. But, seeing as I was massing my armies to invade my neighbor anyway, I chose option 1.

-Arrian

p.s. Standard size, normal speed, Prince level
        I'm guessing that you and the neighbor both had the same state religion, because there is an antithetical version of that event where you both have different religions. The bonuses become penalties because of the anger over the wedding being done in the traditions of your state religion, with the third option also giving +1 happiness in all cities for 30 turns.

Comment

The slaveholders' dilemna. Heh.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

A couple cheapies for the time of game:

Turn 359, 90 AD, marathon
            A massive explosion has destroyed one of our mines. The cause is unknown, but hundreds are dead.
            • Organize a rebuilding effort, with emphasis on improving mine safety. (-24 )
            • Send emissaries to assist the bereaved. (-6, mine is destroyed)
            • We are too pressed to spare any aid for the city. (-1 temporarily. Mine destroyed.)
            Turn 443, 715AD
            The people of Prague have launched a popular new tradition called "Running with the Bulls."
            • We are glad that the local culture is thriving. (+100 )
            • We should make this a national holiday! (-46, +300 )
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

The best event (quest) I have had was to build 12 swordsmen.

I completed the quest and all swordsmen (existing and future built) were given a City Raider upgrade. I was playing as Boadicea of the Romans at the time.

Good night Vienna!
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Oh, I have gotten my most expensive event so far. (Currently I´m in 1853 AD and researching electricity)

Researchers have found valuable informations in some ruins near one of my cities (I have to add that there are really city ruins )
                Options:
                • Spend nothing and gain 3375 Beakers towards flight
                • Spend 1175 gold into further research and have a 50% chance into gaining another 3375 beakers towards flight

I chose option b and was rewarded by de facto getting 3375 twice.

One question remains, though:
                How can such documents be found in the ruins of a former barbarian city that as destroyed around 2000 years ago.
                They must have hidden very well how advanced they were
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Who says they were documents? Perhaps the unfortunate visionary was sacrificed to their gods as a heretic.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon

Well, if you're gonna have revolts anyway, you might as well be whipping so you get some benefits.
                    I've been avoiding using Slavery because of those revolts. They are a pain in the *&!^!&!.

I know its a matter of odds and maybe bad luck, but it seems that of the negative events that I get when I run Slavery as a civic, a quarter of them or more are revolts.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
                      Who says they were documents? Perhaps the unfortunate visionary was sacrificed to their gods as a heretic.
                      O.K., that might be, some kind of barbarian Leonardo da Vinci who had the misfortune to be born years before my empire was able to bring culture, order and christianity to the region

Originally posted by Jvstin

I've been avoiding using Slavery because of those revolts. They are a pain in the *&!^!&!.

I know its a matter of odds and maybe bad luck, but it seems that of the negative events that I get when I run Slavery as a civic, a quarter of them or more are revolts.
                      Yes, they seem to occur very often.
                      Despite being in the 18th/19th century there are still 4 civs that use slavery as civic and every couple of turns I get the message of one of these civs having a slave revolt in one of the cities.

Maybe the probability of such an event depends on the number of cities in your nation (für example as for every city a dice roll is made if thereis a revolt or not)
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I think the slave revolt occurs only if you have unhappy people in the city already. So, there is a risk in growing beyond your happy cap in expectation of whipping at just the right moment for maximum hammers.

Comment

Working...
                        X