Wow! BtS in the Papers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! BtS in the Papers!

Even the Sydney Morning Herald can't resist reviewing BtS.
    Check it out here: http://www.smh.com.au/news/game-revi...339308770.html
    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

It's easy to spot fellow Civilization IV (Civ IV) players: they're the ones with the pasty skin, sunken eyes and keyboard-callused fingers..
    Ouch.

Comment

On the contrary I'm well tanned, never been to a tanning salon, I have brilliant blue eyes, and my fingertips are callused from playing guitar. But only on the left hand since I prefer using a pick.
      ~I like eggs.~

Comment

I'm a little pasty because of my redheaded complexion but my finger callouses are from rock climbing 4 days a week. Now the sunken eyes probably ARE from playing CIV all hours into the night.

Comment

I have medium tan, no sucken eyes, and no callused fingers. I guess I'm not playing enough civ
          USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
          The video may avatar is from

Comment

It's easy to spot fellow Civilization IV (Civ IV) players: they're the ones with the pasty skin, sunken eyes and keyboard-callused fingers..
            By day I am a fairly attractive young woman dressed in business casual attire and working hard in my office. By night I am a half crazed maniac with mussed up hair and black circles under my eyes from the heat of my laptop melting my makeup as I try to get in as many Civ IV playing hours as possible

Okay, so maybe I exaggerate a little. I actually do a pretty good job hiding my Civ IV addiction. I make it look like I am doing something productive, like researching a new recipe to make for dinner, but really I am hunting down Montezuma with all the infantry I can produce. No one can even tell...
            Last edited by Cartimandua; August 1, 2007, 23:41.
            In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
              Ouch.
              QFT.

Comment

IMHO,

Originally posted by Cartimandua
                I try to get in as many Civ IV playing hours as possible
                =

a fairly attractive young woman
                The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Wish mine was addicted to Civ as well.... But maybe nothing would have been done at home then....

Comment

Originally posted by MoonWolf
                    Wish mine was addicted to Civ as well.... But maybe nothing would have been done at home then....
                    To my defense, I get everything done that I need to. Just ask my husband, he will verify that I still cook dinner and clean the house.
                    In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Spotting fellow Civ players presumes going out in public.
                      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

To my defense, I get everything done that I need to. Just ask my husband, he will verify that I still cook dinner and clean the house.
                        Addiction can't be too bad, the. Proper holic would have delegated those chores to the hubby a long ago...
                        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

but how do you tell the difference between a Civ IV player and one that playes WoW?

Comment

One talks about history, the other babbles incoherently.
                            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
                              One talks about history, the other babbles incoherently.
                              Its true
                              USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                              The video may avatar is from

Comment

Working...
                              X