X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry doublepost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
      * Corporation maintenance is now exempt from inflation, so the costs don't blow up so much.

Of course, this makes it pretty trivial to make a corp cost nothing or even give positive gold...
      Trivial? Hardly. 12 gold is what you get from HQ per franchise. With a Courthouse, you'll still likely pay at least as much in maintenance (and a lot depends on how many resources you have). You definitely won't be making positive gold if you have many resources.

Under some circumstances, you will be able to break even, but that's intentional.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Re: Re: BtS AI - minor update

Originally posted by Welnic

Just to note that the path is actually Assets\XML\Units

This just great! Thanks for doing this.
        Again in the BtS subfolder, or the main Civ4 installation?
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• BtS subfolder for sure.

Comment

• Merci, mon ami.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Can you do anything for the AI civs that have a penchant for using Environmentalism with corporations and more to the point their insistance on spreading corps ad-hoc when they don't own the HQ (see above)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
                Trivial? Hardly. 12 gold is what you get from HQ per franchise. With a Courthouse, you'll still likely pay at least as much in maintenance (and a lot depends on how many resources you have). You definitely won't be making positive gold if you have many resources.
                Ah, I wasn't aware that it varied based on how many resources you had.

Comment

• Solver, could you make the AI more likely to have there top 3 culture cities produce culture when close to a culture victory. In my current game (on epic), Hatshepsut has one city of 55,000 culture, one city of 45,000 culture, but the next is at 25,000 and won't reach legendary until after the game is over. If they were to make culture in that city, they would be much more threatening.
                  USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                  The video may avatar is from

Comment

• That sort of complex stuff is up to Blake, the Grand Master of All AIs Here and There. I know, though, that the AI will focus its bonuses on the lowest culture city in such situations. For example, if Hatshepsut pops an Artist there, she'll use it on the 25k culture city.

Comment

• Updated

Another minor update.

* Added possible workaround for a crash bug.
                      * Fixed an infinite loop problem with city attackers (thanks Gyathaar)

Comment

• If you could somehow fix the auto-explore functionality that would be great. As it stands right now, I put something on explore and it will just patrol that area back and forth.

Also saw mention of additional events? Will go look for it now, but just in case, got a link?
                        - Dregor

Comment

• Are you sure about that? Autoexplore works fine for me now. The event mode is here (main thread) or here.

Comment

• Auto-explore is sometimes working for me, sometimes not.

This includes Scouts and Caravels.
                            Lord Michlo

Founder and protector of Clan Walker
                            http://www.ClanWalker.net

Comment

• I have also observed autoexplore sending units into infinite loops.

Comment

• Still broken for me as well. For me, at least, it's only happening to caravels when there's no land nearby, but this is only based on one game since Amazon took its time sending out my order.
                                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Working...
                                X