No announcement yet.

BtS unofficial patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know if this has been mentioned or not as a bug but with Solver's patch my workers seem to be building railroads INSIDE the cities - when I automate them to rail from one area to another, they will start laying tracks right inside the city they start in and through every city on the way. In the standard game city centers get auto tracks right?

Also, there seems to be some odd combat animation going on. Not sure if that's something that got broken in 3.03 or in Solvers fix but the combat animation shows units falling down then getting back up and rarely reflects the actual damage units take.

Comment

• So how about it Solver.. can you come up with a Mind Control Wonder or something to accelerate nationality / culture change in a city?

Do you think such a wonder is even possible with the current game configuration options?

It wouldn't be too hard to do.

Also, there seems to be some odd combat animation going on.

That's fault of 3.03. That patch is fully broken.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Envomni
        Planet busters.. hmm.. this sounds interesting. I'll check out that Sid title thanks!
        Good luck, SMAC (Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri) has been been out of print for years. You can get it on eBay but it's something like $150 for it and the expansion (Alien Crossfire). Even at that price, however, it's probably worth it. By far the best CIV title ever.

Wodan

Comment

• Is such a Wonder possible just through doing something in one of the XML files, or do you figure this requires something more significant like python coding?

I mean it seems like a reasonable idea to me. Late game, technology advancement to contend with the amass of long-term culture. The story being that your greatest scientific minds have developed the technology to help you maintain order in your empire.. to bring the will of the people to your vision.. mind control! Every government's dream :-)

Comment

• The wonder would have to provide a number of culture per turn in the city's plot. That's not something that currently exists, so I'd go about it by changing the SDK to add a new parameter to the XML files and then do that. Straightforward, though requires C++ knowledge.

Comment

• Crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by wodan11

Good luck, SMAC (Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri) has been been out of print for years. You can get it on eBay but it's something like $150 for it and the expansion (Alien Crossfire). Even at that price, however, it's probably worth it. By far the best CIV title ever.

Wodan
                Most creative Sid game, I would say. There is a lot to recommend SMAC, for sure, but in my opinion, Civilization IV's game engine and rules structure is more balanced.
                "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

• Originally posted by jkp1187

Most creative Sid game, I would say. There is a lot to recommend SMAC, for sure, but in my opinion, Civilization IV's game engine and rules structure is more balanced.
                  For sure there were some "broken" things in SMAC. Some of the Special Projects, for example, were simply 10x more powerful than they should have been.

That said, I have some concerns about things in CIV as well. For example, the UN is a hugely negative impact on the game IMO.

Anyway this is all OT. We should move to another thread if we're going to talk about this, rather than bog down Solver's thread.

Wodan

Comment

• So Solver.. do you have any influence on the next update set to promote the idea of such a Wonder being made possible?

I guess with the latest update, you don't currently see a value in releasing an unofficial patch for odds and ends that could include this through your creative skills?

Comment

• This unofficial patch is meant purely to fix bugs and outstanding gameplay issues. The idea is not to have various gameplay additions, that's what regular mods are for.

I also certainly see no need for such a new Wonder in an official update. I'd certainly be willing to consider linking city culture and city plot culture - suggestion for such a change has merit.

Comment

• Hey Solver I've been seeing something really odd for the Dutch. At some point, probably Astronomy, my work boats can now go through ocean....

Wodan

Comment

• That's by design.

Comment

• Really? Just for the Dutch? I didn't see that documented anywhere.

Wodan

Comment

• No, it's for everyone.

Comment

• Definitely changes things. Work boats are no longer "fire and forget". When you automate them, you have to worry about them going halfway 'cross the world.

Wodan

Comment

Working...
                                X