No announcement yet.

BtS unofficial patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cities are just major population points. It doesn't mean there aren't people living elsewhere. If you destroy a city, I'd say the surrounding area would still be that of the nation...

And I'm referring to the upcoming patch, not the current... uhmmm... "patch".
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• If you're razed several cities your army has probably been raping and pillaging and killing its way across the countryside too.

Comment

• Maybe. But culture is really something that lasts. Europe has had countries pillaged and cities burnt so many times in different wars, but culture in areas usually persists for a while.

Comment

• Military units should have an option like pillage, where they remove all foreign culture from a tile. You should even be able to do this in your own territory

Comment

• Is it just me, or do these two need a room ? :-)

Comment

• I wouldn't really want to be in a room with Kuci

Comment

• Originally posted by Envomni
                Is it just me, or do these two need a room ? :-)
                Quiet, peon.

Comment

• *cough*

Comment

• Originally posted by Envomni
                    Is it just me, or do these two need a room ? :-)
                    Hey - leave these two, to go at it. It entertains everyone else - who just lurk and enjoy.

A bit like old fashioned **** fighting (or similar).

EDIT : The 4 stars inserted by the forum - was because I refered to the male equivelent of a hen. Maybe they do not know how chickens are born.
                    Last edited by Harrier UK; September 14, 2007, 18:45.
                    "What if somebody gave a war and nobody came?" Allen Ginsberg

"Opinions are like arses, everyone has one." Anon

Comment

• Those are called roosters nowadays. Political correctness
                      A ship at sea is its own world. To be the captain of a ship is to be the unquestioned ruler of that world and requires all of the leadership skills of a prince or minister.

Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing, sooner than war

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
                        Maybe. But culture is really something that lasts. Europe has had countries pillaged and cities burnt so many times in different wars, but culture in areas usually persists for a while.
                        Id like to see permanent and independent populations in tiles\city regardless of the human\AIs. Maybe take settlers out entirely and have the player assert control over areas instead. Total re haul is desperately called for but i predict civ5 will be same old, same old. Isnt anyone besides the gamers fedup with devs not using the vast resources available? How many times better and different is civ1 versus civ4 and how many times better and different is the hardware?
                        A ship at sea is its own world. To be the captain of a ship is to be the unquestioned ruler of that world and requires all of the leadership skills of a prince or minister.

Comment

• Civ 5? Well if we're gonna go that far in this thread.. they need to focus more on a future model. Make some kind of sick weapon to infect a whole civ and wipe it out.. or a neutron bomb to destroy the population but leave the city in tact for the taking.. or a weapon that just blows up an entire continent in one shot.

I still want my nationality to switch faster late in the game. Maybe a mind-control device would suffice for brainwashing culture into a captured city..

Comment

• Singularity Planet Busters would be right up your alley

CIV5:alpha centauri

Comment

• Sid Meier's Colonization 2: Call to Alpha Centauri

Comment

• So how about it Solver.. can you come up with a Mind Control Wonder or something to accelerate nationality / culture change in a city?

Do you think such a wonder is even possible with the current game configuration options?

Planet busters.. hmm.. this sounds interesting. I'll check out that Sid title thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X