BtS unofficial patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wodan11
    Hey Solver, I'm seeing some weird animations. Against an undamaged unit (so it shows all 3 guys), Two of them will get knocked down in the first "round", then the 3rd gets knocked down, then one of the first pair pops back up (like a Bozo Bop Bag), to be killed again.

I don't know if this is BtS or the patch, but I never saw it until this week.

Wodan
    From what I've heard, freaky animations are just one of the many enhancements brought on by v3.03.

Comment

• I've recently noticed that if you spread a corp to a city without a courthouse, the payments will be affected by inflation. I don't have the latest version of the patch incase it makes a difference.
      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
      The video may avatar is from

Comment

• Yeah. That was intentional, though probably not quite elegant enough.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• the scenarios are slooooow, just like c4 when it first came out.

Comment

• Giving It A Try

Hello Solver,

I heard about your work on civfanatics and thought I'd come over here and see what was cooking.

I like what you have done and I am going to give the two downloads a try.

Thanks for your time and work on this project.

Mark

Comment

• Thanks! Nice to see CFC has its uses

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
                Yeah. That was intentional, though probably not quite elegant enough.
                Hi, Solver.

Has there been any word on how Firaxis is going to fix the corp. maintenance calculation? Is it possible that your fix will turn out to be the "real" fix? (I wouldn't mind that, by the way....)

One other thing -- I noticed that when a colony is created, the culture points that the mother country has "banked" in those cities (so to speak) does NOT transfer to the colony. That creates situations where I've had the colony's cities fighting for territory against neighbors from day 1 (and, in some cases, losing cities soon thereafter,) where, had they retained all of 'my' culture, there would've been no problem. Do you know if this was a deliberate design decision?
                "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

• There will be a fix for it in the official patch as you probably know... and you of course realize that I can't say anything I may or may not know about the patch

I don't believe I've heard this issue about colonies brought up before. It's an interesting point, though I think the way it works now pretty much makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by jkp1187
                    I noticed that when a colony is created, the culture points that the mother country has "banked" in those cities (so to speak) does NOT transfer to the colony.
                    Colonies do get some culture, but it be changed in the patch so that they get all of their former owner's culture.

Comment

• @ Alexman -- thanks for the heads-up. I appreciate it.

@ Solver -- Sorry, wasn't (knowingly) trying to get you to break NDA, hadn't even thought of it. Apologies!

I only brought up the colonies issue because someone on CFC posted a mod that permits colonies to retain the mother country's culture....I was going to download it, but it was rather involved and altered many files....since I would have had to jury-rig things with Solver's patch, I think I'll just wait for the "official" patch to be released.
                      "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

• Originally posted by alexman

Colonies do get some culture, but it be changed in the patch so that they get all of their former owner's culture.
                        Will they get to keep any National Wonders already built in any of the cities transferred across? For instance, one of my cities with the Moai Statues happened to be included in the list of cities I signed over to Roosevelt...

Comment

• The current .dll I downloaded from your link in the initial post of this thread is smaller than the 3.03 patched .dll.

Yours it at 4.60 mb, while the new patch one is 4.61. Should I be concerned?

Comment

• As Solver has answered in this thread a few times, no the difference in DLL is pretty meaningless nad just depends on the compiler. That same code on another compiler could even come out as 6M.

Comment

• solver, am i better off playing with or without your fix re corporate maintenance?

Comment

• Without the fix, corporations cost too much, especially for the AI, which can bankrupt itself. With the fix, they cost a bit too little. I'd say my version is closer to being balanced, though ideally, I'd also lower HQ income.

Comment

Working...
                                X