Blake: Please fix Exploration!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blake: Please fix Exploration!

First of all, my auto-explore units used to stop and heal themselves after they got into a battle with an enemy, but they no longer do that now. Not only is it a pain in the *** having to babysit my units, but it's not good for the AI. At least I know enough to force them to heal after a battle.

Also on several occasions I've seen units, so far just Scouts, get stuck while exploring. They'll keep going back and forth between the same two spots and never go anywhere else. It's happened to my units as well as the AI's. Again this hurts the AI since I can force them into a new direction to get them unstuck. The AI will just keep repeating the same loop until they're destroyed, or the path is blocked somehow.

And I'm still hoping someone will add a routine so that my explorer units don't waltz right next to an enemy that's clearly visible to them. Please, please make them head in the opposite direction if they can see an enemy unit in the area.

Also on several occasions I've seen units, so far just Scouts, get stuck while exploring

I have confirmed it also happening with a caravel. I tested it after reading about it elsewhere. If my unit(s) get stuck, then how do the AIs explore the map? --(I know that they do explore). Do they NOT use the same routine????

Maybe it's an "AI gets it better than the player" conspiracy!!
    OTOH, maybe there's a moth caught in the workings so it's doesn't always occur.

Comment

No, it's happening to the AI as well. I've seen several of their Scouts just go back and forth between the same spots. Even though there was plenty of areas they could have moved to instead.

Comment

Ahh, is this the behaviour I've seen happening to worker boats? That explains it, couldn't figure out what the hell the were doing.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
        X