Cool Events Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Events Thread

Here is a cool event that I had in my last game, one of my destroyers disappeared in the Bermuda Triangle! Post any cool events you have had here!

I liked the "build 10 swordsmen before entering the medieval era and before anyone else builds 10 swordsmen" quest.

As a reward, I could have all of my swords given CR1, OR all melee units past and future get Drill 1.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

My favorite event so far has been the Quest for the Holy Mountain. For those of you who have not yet had the pleasure of receiving this quest, the goal is to find the Holy Mountain and have it inside your territory before anyone else and before the Industrial Age. Your religious advisors can help you locate it if you make 18 (on the large map) religious buildings. This is cool because it is SO challenging and SO hard to win.
      In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

I won it by accident. Apparently the holy mountain was outside my cultural borders. borders expanded..

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
          I liked the "build 10 swordsmen before entering the medieval era and before anyone else builds 10 swordsmen" quest.

As a reward, I could have all of my swords given CR1, OR all melee units past and future get Drill 1.
          Drill I Melee + Cataphracts=
          USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
          The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
            I won it by accident. Apparently the holy mountain was outside my cultural borders. borders expanded..
            What do you get for it? I've had happen twice, but wasn't able to complete it.

Comment

"Do we want better cannons? Is this a trick question?"
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

The Holy Mountain was fun, I almost got it but then my best friend and religious buddy attacked me getting rid of open borders :P
                Apparently it can be any mountain tile, this one was a 2 tile island.. mountain and tundra lol.

No other cool ones in my latest game.. a forest near London kept catching fire every 3rd turn, that stank.
                ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Haven't gotten any quests yet

But the event system is really cool! Have experienced some buildings catching fire, X ambassador in Y causing Y's leader to dislike X's leader, tornado, bandits raging improved tiles and volcano (but never saw it, just got a message). I'm always waiting for something new to happen

Comment

Originally posted by ghen
                    Apparently it can be any mountain tile, this one was a 2 tile island.. mountain and tundra lol.
                    Well, they said Holy. There was nothing about 'useful' in that message.

Comment

i got a crusade quest, where i was charged with capturing or destroying the infidels capitol. unfortunately, that was rome, so i couldnt complete it.

Comment

Favorite so far was the one where my corporate leaders (Sid's Sushi) said that they were tired of relying on foreign supplies, and tasked me to go out and secure a resource of crabs. I declared war on the otherwise friendly Sitting Bull, forced him to capitulate, got the crabs, and was rewarded with a permanent increase of +20GPT income from Sid's Sushi.

Also fun was the "Master Blacksmith" quest, where I had to build seven forges. In the end, I chose the reward of having a free +1 Engineer permanently settle in my capital city.

The one I haven't had yet, but am positively salivating at the prospect, is the Central Bank event, that will reduce inflation by 40%!
                        "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

I've had a Marathon-inspired event that started a Golden Age.
                          Graffiti in a public toilet
                          Do not require skill or wit
                          Among the **** we all are poets
                          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Oh yeah, I did get a quest called 'Greed'. I didn't have horses in my area so my military generals wanted the nearest horse resource. It was next to the enemies capital, but close to my borders. Still didn't get it.

I really would like to know what you get from some of these completed quests.. but its kinda like I don't want to know since I like suprises
                            ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer

I had this same event really early in the game, but I only needed to build 8 Swordsmen and I had only one option afterwards, the one to give all Swords CR1.

The interesting thing was that at that time I was having some fun and was trying out how it would be to have Boudica leading Rome. So building eight Praetorian was no problem at all. Afterwards I had a never ending army of Praets with minimally three promotion. It goes without saying that Sitting Bull of the Byzantine Empire and Saladin of America were quickly destroyed and I now have a lot of Praets with ST1 and CR3 or better...
                              I don't think I will end this game though, because it isn't fun anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X