Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demo "BtS"' Final Frontier - Available NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demo "BtS"' Final Frontier - Available NOW!

By this time next week, you could be playing the Final Frontier (FF) scenario from the Civilization IV expansion pack Beyond the Sword. Join FilePlanet to have access to this stand-alone release as of July 19th as promoted on the site. This demo is limited to the first 75 turns.

FF is a science fiction-based scenario where players explore and settle star systems while trying to find the way back to Earth.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Demos

FilePlanet

Comment

This is a great mod download this!!
      A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

Re: Demo "BtS"' Frontier Scenario Next Week

FF is a science fiction-based scenario where players explore and settle star systems while trying to find the way back to Earth.
        While evading Cylon Barbarians?
        EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

Will this available for download any other places as well? Will it be illegal to make and distribute a torrent of it (it's only a demo anyway...)?

Comment

Re: Re: Demo "BtS"' Frontier Scenario Next Week

Originally posted by Shrapnel12
            While evading Cylon Barbarians?

I wonder how long it will take for someone rallying people to create such a mod.
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

WTF is a Cylon?
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                WTF is a Cylon?
                Seconded.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Re: Demo "BtS"' Frontier Scenario Next Week

Originally posted by DanQ
                  I wonder what the storyline will be as to why they've lost their directions back to Earth?

Originally posted by GeoModder
                  I wonder how long it will take for someone rallying people to create such a mod
                  I was already thinking about how hard it would be to to take the "Civ Defense" Scenario and change the default units to that of the "Future Wars" scenario - sort of a "Machines gone Wild" scenario instead.

D

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                    WTF is a Cylon?
                    In order to understand the term "Cylon" you need to have watched at least one episode of "Battlestar Galactica" - either the old 70's show or the current rendition.
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Just for the record, Final Frontier isn't nearly as similar to Battlestar Galactica as it's being made out to be.

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Shafer
                        Just for the record, Final Frontier isn't nearly as similar to Battlestar Galactica as it's being made out to be.

Jon
                        It was just a joke.

As for those who don't know what a Cylon is, what are your from a different country or something?

Cylon is a term refering to a robot "civ" if you will, created by man that rebelled on its creators. Battlestar Galactica is a TV series where the cylons have destroyed the humans home worlds. The human survivors search for earth while the cylons attempt to hunt them down. I'm sure wikipedia will tell you more if interested.
                        EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

It was just a joke.
                          There are people who believe it isn't though.

Jon

Comment

As for those who don't know what a Cylon is, what are your from a different country or something?
                            .....and we have A WINNER!!!!!!!1111111!!!!!
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

No, you are.
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X