It appears the world is as silly as Firaxis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mkorin
    I didn't realize that it was that easy to 'claim' the 7 wonders of the world. I'm starting a website and redfining the 7 wonders to what matters to me. The dog park on 176 in lake county should be high on the list.

Mike
    That's an excellent idea. I'm going to start campaigning for that pizza place down the street from me that's just sooooo good.

Comment

Firaxis is not silly. Civilization is a game, the real world is not a game. (ok, maybe it is, but we just don't know)
      (maybe we're just a part of civilization MMCIX)
      (wow, that civ itteration has a brilliant AI!)
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
        civilization MMCIX

Sounds like something I'll have to put on my Amazon Wish List. Do you know the projected release date? When will Firaxis put a trailer up on their website?

Solver, I know that non-disclosure statements mean that you can't say anything "official", but any hints about how diplomacy is going to be changed?
        Please.
        The (self-proclaimed) King of Parenthetical Comments.

Comment

Firaxis is not silly. Civilization is a game, the real world is not a game. (ok, maybe it is, but we just don't know)
          (maybe we're just a part of civilization MMCIX)
          (wow, that civ itteration has a brilliant AI!)
          What does this post mean?
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

God plays Civilization.
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
              God plays Civilization.
              Yeah but he can't win on anything higher than Noble

Comment

Originally posted by couerdelion

Yeah but he can't win on anything higher than Noble
                I'm pretty sure he plays on Deity.
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

What does this post mean?
                  It means that it's just for fun, so it doesn't matter that much if a wonder doesn't belong or does belong in the game on historical or other bases. All that matters is if the wonder improves the ballance, the gameplay and the fun.

For the real world though, it's a bit sad that such a wonderlist has been created.

Comment

It means that it's just for fun, so it doesn't matter that much if a wonder doesn't belong or does belong in the game on historical or other bases. All that matters is if the wonder improves the ballance, the gameplay and the fun.
                    OK, I agree. But my argument is that having all these BS wonders in the game diminishes the fun. Wonders are supposed to be rare, hard-to-build projects. Adding all these new wonders, so that everybody can build one and nobody feels bad, cheapens them.

Comment

I may agree on that with you.
                      though the new wonders look more interesting to me then many of the old wonders do.

They're more creative.

Comment

No one got my allusion

Comment

No one got my allusion
                          But Ender still kicked her butt?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                            No one got my allusion
                            We got it. We just laughed on the inside.

Comment

What? Bill O'Reilly's ego didn't make the list? How is that even possible?
                              "It's great to be known, but it's even better to be known as strange." --Takeshi Kaga

Comment

Working...
                              X