No announcement yet.

Lack of Variation in Opponents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it's so that first a civilization is selected at random, and then a leader of that civ is selected.

That would mean that leaders that have no 'competitors' for a civilization (Like Mansa Musa, Huayna Capac, Brennus, Tokugawa (?)) would show up more oftenly then leaders that share a civ (Augustus, Qin Shi Huang (?), Victoria, etc.)
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I would imagine that as being likely to prevent situations like two Germans, two Americans, or three Russians. However, some of the civs I often see, such as Germany always end up being the same leader. If it wee to be fixed I would think it should first roll a leader, and then look to see if another leader of that civ has already been picked. This would make each leader equally common while making some civilizations more common than others rather than make each civ equally common with some leaders being rarer than others. Thats an if though, since different leaders play different we would end up with the same situation just with another cause. It doesn't explain Monty/Frederick being ultra common in my games however.

Comment

I can understand Civs with one leader showing up most often because there is no choice between leaders when that Civ is randomly selected. But I also seem to get the same leaders from Civs that have multiple choices. Always Mao, never Qin Shi Huang. Always Peter/Stalin, never Catherine. Always Elizabeth/Victoria, never Churchill.

I don't want to give the impression that I'm seriously complaining. I have no problem with it if it's a random draw. I was just posting to make sure that it actually is random. Besides, if I really wanted to play Qin Shi Huang, I'd just try to unify China and make 461368461 billion Catapults.

Comment

It's funny because I often get the same leaders but they are different from yours. I often get Monty and Shaka at the same time, but also get Genghis and Brennis so that I get attacked from all sides an hour into the game. I do see Cate from time to time though.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing this weekend: Shaka, Peter and Brennus seem to always be in whatever game I play (and I usually only play with 4-6 civs).

Comment

Originally posted by Croup
              ... Always Elizabeth/Victoria, never Churchill...
              Hey! Now that I think about it, you are absolutely right!! Many times I have had Elizabeth/Victoria (in a manner of speaking ) but never Churchill.

Think someone needs to do a poll...

Comment

For civs with multiple leaders, I always seem to get Louis, Roosevelt, Elizabeth, Qin, Peter, Ashoka, and Frederick. I've never(!) seen Catherine since I got Warlords, and haven't seen Victoria either. Yet the Egyptian leaders show up evenly for me.

Single-leader civs I rarely see: Ottomans and Inca. The Aztecs and Mali always seem to be somewhere in my games, though.

Comment

I must be the odd one out here, in my last game had Washington and Catherine.

Comment

Working...
                  X