Lack of Variation in Opponents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of Variation in Opponents

I've come to realize that there are certain Civs that I seem to always play against and certain Civs that I never see in a game unless I'm playing as them.

For example, Hannibal and Brennus seem to be in every game I'm playing while I've never competed against Augustus or Qin Shi Huang. And this is over a good number of games, not just the ones I've played recently.

Does the game give preference to certain Civs based on anything? And if so, is it possible to change this? I'd just like the odds of having each opponent to be the same.

Thanks for any help.

It's random, sorry.

Comment

funny thing is I remember *****ing about this several months ago.

since then, I have seen leaders I have never seen in games. Namely Peter and Victoria. It's like the game can read what I'm typing here on Poly and responding to it.

Comment

Back in the first couple patches of Vanilla, there was a bug that caused Napoleon to rarely if ever show up. That was eventually fixed, but it does seem possible there may still be a bug or two in the leader generator. For what it's worth, I notice Brennus/Hannibal a *lot* too.
        http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

You can always hand select the leaders you will face in a custom game.

Just omit the ones you are sick of seeing, and add the ones you don't often see.

Comment

It's funny, I have the same impression as the OP since i always come up against more or less the same guys (Asoka, Qin, Mansa Musa are in all my games)... guess I have to play even more to get variation...
            "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

Comment

It *can* depend on the sort of leader the player chooses. For instance, if you choose a financial leader more of those could popup as well for the AI's.
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

It's random, but everyone seems to get some leaders more and some less, of course. For me, Napoleon, Mao, Augustus and Victoria are the ones that rarely show up. The ones I get a lot are Caesar, Hannibal and Mansa Musa. Before Warlords, I got the Incans in most games, after Warlords, they've become rare for me.
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I almost never see Stalin and Ceaser and I see Brennus and Monty alot.
                  USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                  The video may avatar is from

Comment

Is there a way to mod the game so you can adjust the odds of a particular leader or civ to appear?

Comment

Thanks to playing huge marathon games I only go through a game every two to three weeks so my sample size is alittle small but I always get certain leaders for opponents as well. I was starting to wonder if it had to do with my civ choice (for the past few months I've played Cyrus pretty much exclusively because I like the unit/trait combo). My games always have Frederick, Mansa, Huyana, Saladin, and Monty for example. Infact, every game I've played since Warlords released has had them which is kinda weird considering I only play 8 civs (including myself)

Comment

My compputer cries on huge and large maps

BTS should fix that problem

Comment

Originally posted by Will9
                          My compputer cries on huge and large maps

BTS should fix that problem
                          How so?

Comment

Originally posted by Brael

How so?
                            The MAF (Memory Allocation Failure) bug which causes the game to crash frequently crash on larger maps has been fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Will9
                              My computer cries on huge maps
                              Theres another kind apart from Huge?

I always seem to get Monty and Shaka.

So I do quite often play custom games for some variation.............
                              I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Working...
                              X