space elevator latitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aradae

You're telling me that's not why egypt was founded in the middle of a desert?
    Actually, I think they did it because they figured there'd be lots of oil there.

Oops.

EDIT: I know, I know, this is just a joke. We all know the real reason is because they figured they might be able to milk some extra points out of the flood plains....
    "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Originally posted by Aradae
      I know, it was a joke
      Ah, you used the "joke" smilie this time. Otherwise, I tend towards playing straight man to silly statements because I cannot hear the irony in your printed words.

Comment

Then listen more carefully to your computer...

Comment

Originally posted by jkp1187
          ^^^ Agreed! No sympathy for the meta-gamers.... not like the people founding a city in 1300AD said to themselves, "Hmm, we'd better found this city a few miles to the south, so that we can build a space elevator 1,000 years from now..."

Is building cottages "meta-gaming" to you?
          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Working...
          X