Worst 3 concepts in the history of gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AAHZ
    I should be able to use my workers, and especially my work boats, to help connect my vassal's resources so i can aquire that particular resource by diplomacy!
    Uhmm... you can do that

Comment

erm... no i cant. i just tried like 10 minutes ago. i mean like mining their hills not building the roads
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Seems you are right, sorry

Comment

Have you thought of giving your work boat to your vassal, like you can other units? It's not perfect (he might use it on the Crab, which you already have), but it might help.

Comment

Just put the work boat or the worker on top of the resource, and maybe your vassal will get the point? (shrug)

Comment

Originally posted by Virdrago
              Have you thought of giving your work boat to your vassal, like you can other units? It's not perfect (he might use it on the Crab, which you already have), but it might help.
              yes, i thought of that, and surprisingly my vassal would NOT accept the work boat as a gift (the "gift" button was greyed out).

*sigh*
              it appears that, once again¹, AAHZ has found a part of the game that needs fixing (in my eyes) that will probably NEVER get fixed or changed. i will have to live with the fact that i must rely on my vassal to upkeep his own land no matter how terrible of a job he is doing. i will also have to live with the fact that emancipation is horribly implemented and will never get changed...
              pieceâ„¢

¹ = I found numerous bugs in civ 3 that were never changed. you can dig through the archives to find my old posts on the subject.
              Last edited by ZEE; May 19, 2007, 21:56.
              Order of the Fly
              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ
                .... i will also have to live with the fact that emancipation is horribly implemented and will never get changed...
                The main advantage to emancipation is that you don't suffer the disadvantages of not having it after many other civs do. I have also come to the point of not switching to it until necessary.

Check out Hephmod or New Balance Mod. Both alter the civics to provide different advantages & disadvantages. When I am not using Better AI, I use Hephmod.

Comment

Ganking and Grinding?

How are these supposed WoW concepts applicable to Civ IV? Provide an example of ganking, and an example of grinding please, or else go back to your WoW forums and never return.
                  Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Solver

If you could cancel the arrangement at any time, then vassals would essentially be punching bags that you can extort stuff from while you can, and destroy when they no longer will give it to you. I think vassal states could use a few minor tweaks to make them more profitable for you, though.
                    They could make deals last a while though, like they do with Open Borders agreements so you can't just send a scout through and cancel, there is a required amount of time. Why couldn't they do that with vassal states.

Comment

Originally posted by Qwertqwert
                      They could make deals last a while though, like they do with Open Borders agreements so you can't just send a scout through and cancel, there is a required amount of time. Why couldn't they do that with vassal states.
                      And why don't they have something like this for when someone demands tribute from a civ... There should be a rule that says if you give into the other civs demands, then that other civ is not allowed to attack you and he's not allowed to make further demands, for at least 10 turns
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

There should be, though that usaually happens already unless you demand and then you decide to declare war.

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
                          Ganking and Grinding?

How are these supposed WoW concepts applicable to Civ IV? Provide an example of ganking, and an example of grinding please, or else go back to your WoW forums and never return.
                          They are significantly older than WoW.

Comment

Originally posted by MightyTiny
                            But you can switch off vassal states by creating a custom game. So if you don't like it, just switch it off.

And I also have no idea what "Ganking" and "Grinding" is.

mmorpg talk.

Comment

MMORPGs are alot of fun if you can get involved from the start when everyone is new.

Currently waiting for Pirates of the Burning Sea to start up.

Ok, I'll stop now before I upset someone.

Comment

i'm getting pretty burned out on wow, time to get back into civ4.

and I've been known to ganke once or twice. , but I've been ganked too.

Comment

Working...
                                X