Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale

How about this one?

Since there's a WW2 scenario, do you think it's Hitler leading Germany?

Gasp! Not that old argument again...
    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Dale, mate. I'll kill you
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Not long before you can do your favourite hobby again now Solver; using your banning rod.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

How about this one?

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

Comment

How about this one?

Hehe :P Careful, someone might take your bait!
              - Dregor

Comment

Ok, I'm not touching this with a ten foot pole...
                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Is a swastika pointing in the wrong direction (counter-clockwise instead of the Nazi clockwise) okay? I recollect it was used for something in Sweden or Finland.

Comment

The finnish airforce used the clockwise swastika on the planes up to 1945.
                    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
                      Is a swastika pointing in the wrong direction (counter-clockwise instead of the Nazi clockwise) okay? I recollect it was used for something in Sweden or Finland.
                      The swastika, clockwise and counter-clockwise, has many non-Nazi uses.

It is a common holy symbol in the Dharmic religions - Hinduism, Jainism, and Buddhism - meaning variably evolution, eternity, love, mercy, strength, et cetera.

It appears at times in pre-Christian European motifs, Saxon, Celt, Slav, and the like.

It also appears in Native American symbolism, especially in the US Southwest. In Panama, it's on the flag of the autonomous Kuna Yala region.

Comment

Pre-Hitler yes, it has had many uses, even in Europe. Post-Hitler, almost all uses have been very short-lived in either Europe or North America.

Looks like you googled it, MilesGregarius. As did I after Zoid's post.

--
                        BtS-wise, perhaps Solver could arrange to require people to send him a PM to post in this thread, at least until there is something relevant to post -- such as new BtS info.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid
                          The finnish airforce used the clockwise swastika on the planes up to 1945.
                          Finns

What more is there to say about them, really?
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

That we are the best!
                            Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

Originally posted by proviisori
                              That we are the best!
                              At being Finns?

I wish someone would delete all the "nazi" posts in this thread. I am so tired of seeing the same arguments being made over and over again.

Comment

The clockwise swastika was also a symbol of the boy scouts of America

Comment

Working...
                                X