Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's a poll: Do you want Hitler as a leader?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinchak
    No surprise here that Kuciwalker tries to play admin per usual.
    whoosh

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

whoosh
      Preumably Bush is the banana option in this poll.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinchak
        Instead we get things like "Omens" and "Chinese Unification".
        NOTHING could be more boring than yet ANOTHER WWII game/scenario.

Comment

I want Hitler in this as much as I want George Bush in the game, which is as much as I would want to shoot myself in the foot just before running a marathon
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
            I want Hitler in this as much as I want George Bush in the game, which is as much as I would want to shoot myself in the foot just before running a marathon
            So Adagio voted "yes".

Comment

Yes

Comment

Well guys, I really hate Hitler and I hate what he did, but consider this question with an open mind. Should he be included to enhance entertainment value?

For me, playing against Hitler's Germany would give me more reasons to CRUSH his armies because I would feel like I'm fighting the good fight against evil. That would just kick things up a notch. Also, playing Hitler's Germany would give me that "evil" entertainment as I play the dark side. There's just entertainment value there.

I see that 7 people voted "yes" and more may have, except for this immediate: Oh, you must be a Nazi sympathizer if you want him in. On the contrary, NO, I'm not, I don't condone mass killing of any kind, let alone a freakin' genocide, but I just wanted him included for entertainment reasons.

It's almost kind of like wanting to be the badass in Grand Theft Auto, although I concede Hitler is 10,000 X worse.

Comment

Not wanting him in has nothing to do with being or not being a nazi sympathizer. He's quite simply not important enough to be in

He held power in just above 10 years after all... And while he did manage to kill a lot of people everything else he did was undone in no time.
                  No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

I just don't see how it adds to entertainment value (for anything other than the WW2 scenario, which I'll never touch)... but then I'm not going to complain if he actually ends up in the game as I simply don't care

For all I care they could just have used random The Sims characters as the leaders and give them random names
                    To me it doesn't matter if I'm fighting evil Hindu Napoleon or Jacques Lefevre*

*just some random name in case you were wondering

The only reason why I don't want Hitler as a leader is because I don't want to see Civilization getting banned in certain countries

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

The only reason why I don't want Hitler as a leader is because I don't want to see Civilization getting banned in certain countries
                      Exactly! This is why he's never going to get included. It's nothing to do with Hitlers capacities as a leader, it's about politics and money. The game will most likely be banned in Germany (as it has a ban on anything even remotely nazi) and jewish groups (with ADL in the forefront) will throw a fit and start boycotting campaign against Firaxis/Take 2. This is definitely not good for business!
                      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik
                        Not wanting him in has nothing to do with being or not being a nazi sympathizer. He's quite simply not important enough to be in

He held power in just above 10 years after all... And while he did manage to kill a lot of people everything else he did was undone in no time.
                        But as an instigator of WWII he was very important. Big advances were made in the fields of physics, aviation and medicine thanks to the war. Thus he made a great impact on world history.

Comment

Damn, this one dead horse that is almost impossible to stop beating...

Comment

We're done with the Hitler threads for now.
                            Everything has been said, and for some reason people tend to become unfriendly to each others in these threads, and that doesn't improve the Apolyton Feeling of Friendship
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                            X