Refuses to Talk!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refuses to Talk!!!

I started this game next to the founders of the two early religions, Washington and Saladin. When Washington came by asking me to stop trading with Saladin I thought: why not, better having one friend than two cautious neighbours, so I agreed.

Little later, knowing the lay of the lands, I decided that future expansion would be much better by taking american lands than arabian. The stopped trading memory was my only -1 with Saladin so switching to his religion should be enough to start a warm friendship. Indeed it was. Saladin is pleased with me for ages, we fought wars together, he wants to trade all kind of niceties with me according to the trade advisor, but there is one thing: he refuses to talk.

You can start nasty backstabbing wars agains AI's, burn down their cities and still be sure that you can at least talk to them after a few turns. But cancelling an open borders agreement may make any diplomatic contact impossible for the greater part of the game.

When I stopped trading, axemen were still state of the art, now we're in the gunpowder era (well I'm not, still lagging behind) and no sign of any possibility to talk to Saladin.

I know that every turn there is a 1 in 30 possibility Saladin will forget my atrocious behaviour from 3 millennia ago. But it seems reasonable to put a cap on how long AI's can remember such things. I would love to mod that in, but it's kind of hard since the game doesn't keep track of how old memories are.

Anyway, now that the mighty Inca have conquered three american cities, it might be better to turn against Saladin. He surely deserves it.
    Attached Files

We are suspicious of foreigners? What the heck is that? And cute little empires?

But that is silly, I had one game I remember, where Mansa refused to talk to me for few centuries...
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Are you running any kind of mods? I've never seen responses like that. If so, that might be having an effect on his refusal to talk.

Comment

The graphics in the screen shot definatley show a mod.

Start there, if I were you, I would.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
          We are suspicious of foreigners? What the heck is that? And cute little empires?

But that is silly, I had one game I remember, where Mansa refused to talk to me for few centuries...
          Those are the hidden attitude modifiers that I unhid . But they are always active anyway.

They don't influence the refusal to talk, I'm just very unlucky he hasn't forgotten after so many turns.

ps. "We are suspicious of foreigners?" is the iBaseAttitude and "little empires" has to do with "BetterRankDifferenceAttitudeChange".

Comment

How do you unhide things like that? I'm not that computer literate.

Comment

Originally posted by Virdrago
              How do you unhide things like that? I'm not that computer literate.
              Well...how is it done Nacht????????????
              Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Working...
              X