Music Modding Procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Modding Procedure

Does anybody know the precise method of XML modding music into Civ4? (Not just playing music out of a folder.) I'd like to mod Civ2's soundtrack into the game, but am not very familiar with how to use XML. I'd appreciate any input.
    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

What would you like to mod about it? You put it in the right folder and it's in the game, that's pretty much it...
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
      What would you like to mod about it? You put it in the right folder and it's in the game, that's pretty much it...
      You don't need to edit it into the XML or anything? (blushes at own ignorance) Even with Warlords?
      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Yes, you do need to do more than just dump files into the folder. Now, where WAS that thread??

I would suggest looking at the mod & help threads both here and CFC.

Comment

Eureka!
          CFC-Tutorials, References & Guides > [TUTORIAL]How to get your music/sound in!

Comment

Hmm, at least for Warlords it seems you're right. That definitely didn't used to be the case. Now you have to add entries to:

- XML/Audio/AudioDefines.xml
            - XML/Audio/Audio2DScripts.xml
            - XML/GameInfo/CIV4EraInfos.xml

Just copy entries from an existing song (like AncientSoundtrack2) and adapt as needed.

Comment

Same applies for vanilla - your info is very outdated Wouter .
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Thanks for the help, guys. I really appreciate it. I may be a big Civ fan, but I've never been a very good techie.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                  Same applies for vanilla - your info is very outdated Wouter .
                  Well, I've been playing and modding a different version of Civ4 every week for the past 3 years, I can't be expected to stay up-to-date on everything...

Comment

Working...
                  X