When is the next patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krill
    Next patch = when Blake releases his AI mod.
    Blake releases his AI mod almost every week. There's a new version online now, as of Feb 12.

Comment

Originally posted by siredgar
      Don't you think it should work on most computers without having to be a computer programmer?
      I'm sorry it's just too funny...
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

I un-installed Warlords and then checked Civ IV and I seem to have the same text problem there with the foreign languages, but no problem playing Civ IV. It has to have something to do with Warlords... Don't you think???
        It May seem a stupid question But have you tried to reinstall CIV4 and Warlords and re patch them yet?

Comment

Isn't there an asian-specific version of civ4/warlords? I feel like there are different versions of the game sold in different markets... localizations or somesuch.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by bantams
            It May seem a stupid question But have you tried to reinstall CIV4 and Warlords and re patch them yet?
            Yes, several times.
            "I've spent more time posting than playing."

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
              Isn't there an asian-specific version of civ4/warlords? I feel like there are different versions of the game sold in different markets... localizations or somesuch.
              The only copy available at the time I picked it up was the import version. I don't know if there's a local version out yet. But I'm not going to buy another copy. I miss Civ2 where you could edit right away and it was easy.
              "I've spent more time posting than playing."

Comment

For a modern game Civ4 is probably the easiest to edit/mod that there is out there, at least in terms of text modding. XML files are just text files that are better organized (and thus more powerful) while remaining easy to edit.

You might try to find someone with the local version of Civ4 and see if their Text files are identical to yours or if they have proper files that work with the local OS. They should be interchangeable.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

Blake releases his AI mod almost every week. There's a new version online now, as of Feb 12.
                  How crazy does this make the AI I mean those of us that are somewhat casual players (I never play on marathon and I play on really on prince and it is still challenging) should I stay away?
                  A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

Firaxis have been incorporating his improvements into the patches so you shouldn't worry about it too much if you're fairly casual.
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Only some of the early changes. They are well behind now and rumour has it there is no official patch in the pipeline.

Comment

The only copy available at the time I picked it up was the import version. I don't know if there's a local version out yet.
                        That could very well be why you're having those problems, some releases just aren't compatible with each other. There's slight variations depending on where they're sold. You should make sure both your Civ and Warlords are the same geographical releases.

Comment

Originally posted by dacole

How crazy does this make the AI I mean those of us that are somewhat casual players (I never play on marathon and I play on really on prince and it is still challenging) should I stay away?
                          If you play on Prince, you'd probably have to go down one level. I understand the changes really become apparent at the higher levels. I always play on Noble myself, but even at that level the game has become much tougher to beat. But it's not unbeatable, you'll just have to play smarter and more efficiently. The last few releases, he's also included a new handicaps file, so the higher levels might be more reasonable now. I eliminated all the AI advantages that I could find in my game, and it still gives me a good challenge at Noble. I've quit in disgust more than a few times because the situation seemed hopeless.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                            Only some of the early changes. They are well behind now and rumour has it there is no official patch in the pipeline.
                            Yes, there's some big differences between what was included in the latest patch and what he has available now. I've seen him release new versions on a daily basis at times, some of them with substantial changes.

Comment

Working...
                            X