When is the next patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is the next patch?

Anybody have an idea when the next patch is expected?

Also, I'm still dealing with the corrupted data problem of "TEXT_KEY_CIV_CARTHAGE" or whatever. It's very annoying and happens with all of the new civs, units, etc. in Warlords. I've only played a few times because of this. If anybody here might know how to fix this, please let me know.

And how do you take a screenshot? I forget.

Thanks.
    "I've spent more time posting than playing."

There won't be one until the next expansion.

Reinstall?

Comment

Originally posted by Senethro
      There won't be one until the next expansion.
      Would this be based on a Firaxis statement or is it mere speculation masquerading as truth?

Comment

****, I don't remember if I was supposed to say that or not. I'm sure other people have posted it before. In the beta testing area they said 2.08 was the last patch for Warlords.

Comment

Check those xml files. It's probably due to your system incorrectly rendering some non-ASCII character and the following "<" into another character, thus ruins the structure of xml file.

Find the file containing above string. Open it with Notepad. Look for such corruption. (It may not be easy.) Replace the corrupted character with a "<", it should work.

Comment

Originally posted by Risa
            Check those xml files. It's probably due to your system incorrectly rendering some non-ASCII character and the following "<" into another character, thus ruins the structure of xml file.

Find the file containing above string. Open it with Notepad. Look for such corruption. (It may not be easy.) Replace the corrupted character with a "<", it should work.
            What do you mean by corrupted character? How would I recognize it? Which part do I replace? Are you saying I should type "<"? But where? Please help. I don't know anything about XML.

I can't seem to find the right file anyhow. I went into the XML folder's "Civilizations" folder and looked through each civ, but they all look fine. I opened the file by double-clicking and it opened into an HTML-like window.

It seems to only happen with the new civs, leaders, buildings, and units for Warlords. It just says something like "TEXT_KEY_LEADER_AUGUSTUS". And if I don't type in the leader's name it comes out as "1".

Why would my computer do this?

Thank you in advance.
            Last edited by siredgar; February 3, 2007, 21:45.

Comment

Judging by your description, it should be some of xml files that govern multi-language texts, ie. files in "Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Assets\XML\Text" folder, corrupted.

By open one of such file in Notepad (drag the file into a Notepad window, or right-click the file and select Edit), you can see data in it look like this:
              Code:
              	{TEXT>
              		{Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_ZULU_IMPI{/Tag>
              		{English>Impi{/English>
              		{French>
              			{Text>Impi{/Text>
              			{Gender>Male{/Gender>
              			{Plural>0{/Plural>
              		{/French>
              		{German>
              			{Text>Impi{/Text>
              			{Gender>Male{/Gender>
              			{Plural>0{/Plural>
              		{/German>
              		{Italian>
              			{Text>Impi:Impi{/Text>
              			{Gender>Male{/Gender>
              			{Plural>0:1{/Plural>
              		{/Italian>
              		{Spanish>
              			{Text>Impi:Impis{/Text>
              			{Gender>Male{/Gender>
              			{Plural>0:1{/Plural>
              		{/Spanish>
              	{/TEXT>

note: all "{" should read as "<"
              Some text item may contain non-standard-ASCII character (notably in Italian and Spanish section) and some system may render those character incorrectly. If the character before "{/text>" tag is one of such special charater, it may be rendered as some-unknown-character"/text>", or "?/text>", thus ruins the structure.

The solution is either to read those files yourself, or make a ramdon change in one file (to force the game not to read the cache on initiation) and rerun the game, let it check for you. It should promote a dialogue telling in which file and which line the corruption is.
              Last edited by Risa; February 5, 2007, 03:38.

Comment

I looked into the XML file "CIV4GameText_Warlords_Objects" and you're right about the corrupted text with French, German, and Spanish. I keep getting things like "universit@@&& fran#$@ise" when there is an accented word. I tried replacing all of them with the letter "e" and the ones I know with right filling like "universite francaise", but I just get a couple of XML error messages when starting the game and the same text problem shows up in the menu.

Is there anyway I can just delete the foreign language options? I just play in English anyhow. What else can I do?

It must be because I'm using a Korean computer. And sometimes the letters come out funky, especially with non-English languages.

Thanks.

Comment

I un-installed Warlords and then checked Civ IV and I seem to have the same text problem there with the foreign languages, but no problem playing Civ IV. It has to have something to do with Warlords... Don't you think???

Comment

Nope, I think its your computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Senethro
                      Nope, I think its your computer.
                      Yup.
                      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Don't you think it should work on most computers without having to be a computer programmer? This is the most frustrating game I've ever purchased. But I want to play it.

Anyhow, I installed Warlords and this happened.

I want to fix it. If you can help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by siredgar

It must be because I'm using a Korean computer. And sometimes the letters come out funky, especially with non-English languages.

Thanks.
                          Try to set Windows regional and language to English?

Comment

Originally posted by siredgar
                            Don't you think it should work on most computers without having to be a computer programmer?
                            It does work on most computers just fine. And since you're the only one who has reported the particular issue you're facing, it stands to reason the problem is on your end. Either something's wrong with your computer setup, or you have a bad disk.

Comment

Next patch = when Blake releases his AI mod.
                              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                              X