Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha, we won't waste good tech on you!
    Sorry, that still has patent pending.
    No, I won't give you Gunpowder. You know why? Because I have Musketeers, and you don't.
    Can't wage war, eating.
    You want the tech? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TECH!
    Sorry, non habla Zulu.
    My Elite Knights say no to your demands.
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Whether or not the demand is reasonable is not really the issue. They may know that you will refuse it’s just that you know they are no happy about the situation that you are trading with an enemy, refuse to give them tribute or change to their favourite civic. That’s all.

OK it is a bit annoying that you can have -6 for being a heathen and another -1 (or more) for not converting to the true faith. Likewise, the -4 for trading with enemies and -1 for refusing to stop trading. I tend to think that some of those civs are ones that I will never get on with anyway.

Some other responses:
      That tech doesn’t work with Yak’s milk Genghis.
      No you can’t have Astronomy Napoleon. And why don’t you first develop your own Alphabet first rather than trading on mine?

Comment

A few more:

I’m happy to share the secrets of Machinery with you Peter but only because I’m been up for 24 hours and couldn’t find a more appropriate response

I’m sorry Alex but we’ve recently had a military take-over and they don’t want to do that. It’s probably easier if you ask the general himself because I understand he is planning to visit Athens soon.

Monty, may I call you Monty? Perhaps I could make a few suggestions to you on the art of diplomacy. The threat of the use of force tends to work better where it is used against someone who is worried about it being applied.

Comment

yes some great stuff;

another
          No julius, you can't have my extra iron. I kind of like the idea that you can't build Prats to ravish my empire when you randomly decide that you're annoyed enough at me, even though you seem pleased now.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by couerdelion

OK it is a bit annoying that you can have -6 for being a heathen and another -1 (or more) for not converting to the true faith. Likewise, the -4 for trading with enemies and -1 for refusing to stop trading. I tend to think that some of those civs are ones that I will never get on with anyway.
            One thing I'd like to get fixed, that I consider a flaw, is that they are angry about me being a heathen, when I don't have any cities with the "right" religion to even contemplate converting. Spread your bloody religion, then we'll talk. 'Course, I could have no state religion at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun

One thing I'd like to get fixed, that I consider a flaw, is that they are angry about me being a heathen, when I don't have any cities with the "right" religion to even contemplate converting. Spread your bloody religion, then we'll talk. 'Course, I could have no state religion at all.
              Or even follow their religion.

Ignorance is no excuse. Why would they be concerned about your cities having the religion. They are not complaining about the religion in your cities but the one that you have chosen as a state religion?

It’s all about wanting to have your cake and eat it. You take the state religion bonus but have to weigh this up with the diplomatic costs.

It seems perfectly fair to me.

Comment

Yup, it's all about strategic choices.

Comment

Originally posted by couerdelion

Or even follow their religion.

Ignorance is no excuse. Why would they be concerned about your cities having the religion. They are not complaining about the religion in your cities but the one that you have chosen as a state religion?

It’s all about wanting to have your cake and eat it. You take the state religion bonus but have to weigh this up with the diplomatic costs.

It seems perfectly fair to me.
                  Certainly in game terms. It just seems silly. Like Crusaders forgetting to bring bibles along. "Allright, allright, we'll convert! So, what's this "christianity" all about?" "Er, Jebus, he's the, whatchamacallit... Oh, just pray and stuff."

Comment

"Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
                    Check out my Blog!

Comment

Working...
                    X