No announcement yet.

Enemy Troops vs Friendly Neighbor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they are a neighboring civ do something to increase cultural clash as well if your trying for bad relations
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
      The "you refused to stop trading with our worst enemy" is only a -1.
      Which isn't what I said.

Comment

Not totally on topic, but an annoying AI action nonetheless....

So i was preparing for a war with a neighbor that I felt was going to occur at any moment since they were making outrageous demands that I kept denying. I had managed to get a defensive pact set up just in case, but I was ready to break that to preemptively strike my neighbor. In between turns I heard the horn that someone had declared war on me, and I was actually quite happy, since I wouldn't get the -1 from all of my neighbor's friends. But lo and behold, who declares war on me? Not the neighbor, but rather my DEFENSIVE PACT ALLY!

That SOB sailed accross an ocean to break what would have been a useful treaty in order to capture a city that he lost two turns later. Not only that, he hasn't sent any more units to even fight in my territory, but he refuses to make peace short of me giving back the city he held for two turns. So far the war has lasted over 100 turns, and he refuses to budge on his demands, insisting that I give up a city I've had for over 5000 years just to appease his (non) aggression.

What a jerk...

Comment

I used to get annoyed by this type of thing, or being attacked by your best bud, but the human is usually the biggest devil.

Consider.
          You're playing a continent game and you're on one with two other civs. You make buds with one and combine to kill the other so it's only the two of you. You share religions and trades, and he's +15 to you. No one for the other continent has showed yet so there's no, trading or lack of penalties.

Think of what that AI must be thinking, (assuming it's not monty or the like)
          Thank god I have such a good neighbor and when those heathen (since we're sure they'll be a different religion) from the other continent show up they'll find a strong united continent that they won't be able to settle. We'll deal with them just like the eliminated civ.
          My friend and I will rule the world.

But what is the Human player thinking?
          Thank god that clown didn't attack me when I was weaker. Once I get macemen and tribs, he's toast, and all his juicy cities will be mine.

So I really never complain anymore about AI backstabbing. I just prepare for it.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

AI attitudes can change pretty quickly. Change civics, make an innocuous trade with some loser, expand your borders and put pressure on a neighboring city, and a "pleased" can turn to a "cautious" in no time. If it's an inherently aggressive civ, trouble's right around the corner.
            That horse is fake!

Comment

I don't konw if they put this in Warlords yet or not, but I want recognition from my friend when I stop a war in which they are losing by paying off the aggressor. There should be at least a +2. For that.
              May it come that all the Radiances will be known as ones own radiances

Comment

Can a human ask an AI to stop trading with another civ and have that cancel the open borders? I've never tried, but it might work.

Comment

Yes, if they stop trading and they had an open border agreement, it is canceled too. But just like asking them to go to war, it's usually red. But it can be done.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                  X