Enemy Troops vs Friendly Neighbor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enemy Troops vs Friendly Neighbor

In a recent game, I got into a situation where my adjacent neighbor was "Friendly" towards me, and we both got attacked by another civ.

I was way behind the curve, and it took a while to send out some raiders, but when I did, imagine my surprise when I discovered that my enemy's troops were transiting THROUGH my friendly neighbor's cities that were still under his command!

In fact, there didn't seem to be any conflict in his territory at all; the enemy troops were just passing though with no trouble to attack me.

This is a pretty serious bug/AI cheat, if you ask me.
    That horse is fake!

Check to see if they were still at war with your neighbor. I would bet they made peace in the time it took you to get your act together.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You have to hate the AI sometimes. If what rah said is indeed the case, that would also mean that your AI "friend" would have agreed to open borders with the enemy as well. Not only did he bail on your mutual war, but now he's trading with the enemy and letting them waltz right through his territory. What a pal!

Comment

How many times does the AI talk you into joining a war only to make peace the next turn and allow another AI's units a pass through there land to continue their war with you?
        At least once a game from my experience.
        THe game I'm playing now, Stalin has gone to war with the incas (my neighbor) three times. All three time the incas asked for my help. I helped all three times just to watch them make peace. This last time the incas gave them permision to pass through. That is so screwed up.

You can bet the next time I'm going to tell the incas to go suck egg, and wait a few turns and then attack them from the other side. Ungrateful whelps
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah this game should really have some more diplomatic options in that area.

Like mutual wars, where one side won't chicken out without the other side also signing peace, stuff like that.

Comment

Timers, minimum 10 turns of war, unless all parties agree to peace.
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

treachery,

part of the game.

ai are to be used and abused, not relied on.

imo

Comment

I would like to see an option where war allies go to the bargaining table together. Perhaps that way you could at least have the option to make peace with the aggressor. Far too often your neighbor makes peace and you're stuck in a war where the other guy refuses to speak to you.

In practical terms, when your friend and the enemy make peace, the enemy automatically offers you a cease fire that you can choose to accept or reject.

Comment

agreed, I thought you had to be at war to ask someone to join in, but the AI asked me the other day while they were at peace with them. Unless it was one of those timing things where they had just declared and it wasn't showing yet.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It just wasn't showing yet. I've had cases where an AI would ask me for assistance in a war against someone, and when it got to my turn then I'd see that they'd gone to war in the interval.
                    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

I figured it was that.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'd love to see more options to force someone end a war. Now I can only give them stuff to get them to peace with a friend of mine... I want to tell them to stop attacking my buddy, or get their asses whooped. Heck, it'd be nice to get another friend to join in with the threat.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                          How many times does the AI talk you into joining a war only to make peace the next turn and allow another AI's units a pass through there land to continue their war with you?
                          How many times do I convince one AI to go to war with another AI, and I just remain at peace with them? Or maybe declare war, but sit on my butt and do nothing militarily? Or maybe fight a little, accomplish whatever limited goal I have for the war, then make peace and leave the AI's to continue wasting resources on the war?

Nice to know I'm not the only one being manipulative.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                            I'd love to see more options to force someone end a war. Now I can only give them stuff to get them to peace with a friend of mine... I want to tell them to stop attacking my buddy, or get their asses whooped. Heck, it'd be nice to get another friend to join in with the threat.
                            didn't SMAC have this capability in it's diplomacy?

Comment

No idea...

It's bloody annoying, when I'm friendly with someone, and then someone else declares war at me, and has to go through his lands, and I try to get my "friend" to bar them from his lands, only to see the "we couldn't betray out closest friends!"... What about me? Am I not you friend? Maybe, if there were a partial "Stop Trading", like "Revoke right of passage for 10 turns with civX, or untill war ends"...

It's like, if Poland would go to war with France, and Germans would be all, "We can't prevent them from using our autobahns and tracks, they are our friends!"

Comment

Working...
                              X