flexible difficulty level option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flexible difficulty level option

What I think would be really nice is having the option to select a "Flexible" difficulty level. The game would start at a player-selected level and adjust every X turns by one level up or down based on how well the player is doing compared to the AI. The player could have the option of declining the change. (Or maybe he shouldn't, you agreed to these terms at the start.) You'd get a message like, "Things are really going well for you, should the pitiful AI get some help?" or "The AI is kicking your tail, maybe we should make things harder for them?" I think I might be inclined to try to start at a more difficult level is I knew I could salvage a bad game by dropping down a level, and I know I would like to try harder levels once I get a reasonably even footing in the midgame.

What do people think? Would you be interested in an option like this?
    The (self-proclaimed) King of Parenthetical Comments.

I dispute your claim to the throne in your footnote (but I digress... )

An interesting idea, one I personally like. I probably wouldn't use it much, but some casual players (or not-so-casual who get very frustrated very fast) may like the idea. Then, when Blake starts throwing out even better AI's we can still play the game without restarting one every patch.
    Last edited by Virdrago; November 22, 2006, 23:13.

Comment

Hmm, I think that could in theory be modded in ... in python you can (probably?) adjust the AI bonuses or whatnot ... it might be a lot of work, but I think it could be possible
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I think this would be an interesting alternative gametype, but quite tricky to implement well.

Comment

Working...
        X