No announcement yet.

This game is starting to frustrate me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just come across the cottage spam technique and it does work. I tend to have 1 city doing all my unit production - 1-2 turns per unit, the rest with cottages spammed everywhere as early as possible.

I've also found city placement is even more important than I thought (and i thought it was important). Placing near 2 big sources of food is essential for a city with huge income AND hammers.

I struggle to keep up on monarch so far, but playing on Prince is far too easy.
    I also find you get a much fairer game if u turn off tech trading. AI's abuse this system, trading with each other but only trading with u at very high cost to yourself.

Also the power graph is so off sometimes.. I'm playing a prince game at the mo, the top AI's have more than double my score and double my power on the graph, yet I have more advanced tech/units. I have only 4 cities to the AI's 8-10 (4 AI's).. quite funny
    I already have 10+ units in each city.

Comment

What game speed do you find is a good all rounder for a largeish map?
      Ive always played on 'quick' because I dont like waiting ages to build, but ive since had a re-think... if I played on Marathon I would be given nearly 3 times more turns to play than at normal speed (1200 as opposed to 460) but the units and buildings will only cost twice as much and tech 3 times as much.
      So surely playing on Marathon is an advantage?

Comment

Originally posted by Herod
        but the units and buildings will only cost twice as much and tech 3 times as much.
        So surely playing on Marathon is an advantage?
        Only units take twice as long, buildings take three times as long as normal, just like the techs.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

Only units take twice as long, buildings take three times as long as normal, just like the techs.
          Yes my mistake, so the advantage is not as good as first thought.

Comment

Working...
          X