Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Build 1/30 on SourceForge.

Governor/Economy:
    - Governor should manage being near the happy/health caps much better.
    - AI's performing the missionary strat should train more missionaries.
    - Minor tweaks to building economic buildings (should manage war better)

Military:
    - AI should defend valuable cites more appropriately.
    - AI should be smarter about razing.
    - AI shouldn't dribble attackers so much.

Other:
    - Barbarian Behaivour should be close to 2.08.
    - Sea bombard crash fix.
    this is SVN revision 333

Comment

• Another one? 1/29 is still my favourite, first and only game, Noble Conquest Victory in 240BC.

Though, does Blakes AI even effect AI on Noble and lower? As I seem to trounce everyone on Noble, and get horribly beaten on Prince...
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

• Yeah, I'm finding that out, too. I used to have a chance on Prince, but now I get obliterated. On Noble I hardly get touched. I just had a war where I was attacked by one unit in 500 A.D. Mehmed had at least six cities, and many units in them...

Comment

• That's true in the original game as well to an extent - it's probably not because of Blake's changes per se. However IIRC the earlier changes were predominantly gametested on Monarch, so anything's possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virdrago
            Yeah, I'm finding that out, too. I used to have a chance on Prince, but now I get obliterated. On Noble I hardly get touched. I just had a war where I was attacked by one unit in 500 A.D. Mehmed had at least six cities, and many units in them...
            Well, my first Prince in a while, Alex on Pangaea... Conquest in 940AD. It seems, that warmongering is too good a strategy.

I want to build stuff... But winning is nice, too.
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

• Assert Failed

File: .\CvCity.cpp
              Line: 6123
              Expression: getBuildingBombardDefense() >= 0
              Comment

• Assert Failed

File: .\CvGlobals.cpp
                Line: 2743
                Expression: strcmp(szType, "NONE")==0
                Message: info type EFFECT_WEAPON_IRONCLAD_CANNON_01, not found, Current XML file is: Misc/Civ4TutorialInfos.xml

----------------------------------------------------------

Using ironclads to bombard gives me the above msg several times
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• Double post.
                  Last edited by DaveV; February 2, 2007, 01:46.

Comment

• Code:
                    Assert Failed

File:  .\CvCityAI.cpp
                    Line:  5362
                    Expression:  false
                    Just load the attached save and end turn: vanilla, January 30 build.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• You can click "always ignore" on the infinite loop message. Iustus said in CivFanatics that it wouldn't hurt anything.

Wodan

Comment

• New build 2/09 on SourceForge

Governor/Economy:
                        - AIs will avoid anarchy when it would cause a strike, due to low gold
                        and negative foreign trade
                        - Commerce value increased
                        - Emphasize great people effect reduced
                        - Food growth value adjusted (3f 3h 1c should be preferred over 4f now)
                        - Emphasizing hammers or commerce increases value of growth
                        - Slavery conversion of food to hammers calculated precisely
                        - Hammers valued more when building a granary
                        - Small cities better account for future size when considering value of
                        buildings
                        - AIs should train and use settlers more effectively (expanding faster)
                        - Minor tweaks to other city production choices
                        - Commerce value adjusted when under extreme conditions
                        - 'Infinite' loop in governor fixed

Military:
                        - AI defensive units should sally forth from cities much more frequently
                        - Defensive siege units should be used more effectively
                        - AI will train more city defender units
                        - More UUs are considered good enough for an early rush
                        - Crush strategy will no longer prevent boats from being built
                        - Bug where stack would not complete its attack fixed
                        - Fogbusting units will travel home to get upgraded when upgrades available
                        - New vassals will correctly abort undeclared wars on both sides

Other:
                        - Network game "Out Of Sync Error" potential fix
                        - AIs should correctly choose whether to load a settler on a ship or not
                        - Redundant workboat issue fixed
                        - Some erroneous asserts removed
                        - Some Chipotle mode displays cleaned up
                        SVN revision 356
                        Last edited by Iustus; February 9, 2007, 17:56.

Comment

• - AIs should train and use settlers more effectively (expanding faster)
                          I'm not sure if I like the sounds of this one, I thought the AI was doing just fine on that front. I certainly hope you're not getting us into another Settler rush like we had in Civ3.

Comment

• If they play better with it, it needs to go in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willem

I'm not sure if I like the sounds of this one, I thought the AI was doing just fine on that front. I certainly hope you're not getting us into another Settler rush like we had in Civ3.
                              I think this just means a returning back to what is used to be. Nothing more serious than that.
                              In the latest few patches, A.I have expanded much much slower than it did earlier. I think this was a intentional choise in order to allow the A.I to build up its economy before expanding too much. However, on a pangea for instance, this I.M.O led to the fact that A.I expanded way too slowly allowing the human player to grab too much territory.
                              Therefore I think this change back to quicker A.I expansion was in order.
                              (Considered the change is not too dramatic)
                              GOWIEHOWIE! Uh...does that
                              even mean anything?

Comment

• I noticed this on the Jan 31st build on my most recent partual games

The good:

The AI now definately effectively knows how to use forest chopping wonders and calling correct UN resolutions.

The bad

1. The AI appears to not realize that founding a city one title from map edge is a very bad idea [two tiles from edge of the map can always work at least as many tiles as one tile from edge of the map.] This is most notable on the region maps.

2. The AI appears to not realize that asking someone to declare war on their enemy who is very far away from the player they wish to join in is pointless.
                                1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                                Templar Science Minister
                                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                                X